how come rainbows don't like drainbows?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by MollyThe Hippy, Nov 7, 2006.

1. wootier

wootier Member

i heard myspace is gunna b sponsoring nationals next year, and u gotta get a wristband that says ure true rainbow... lets not let it die, lets see where it takes us, ive never even discussed drainbows before, except wen i originally asked, wats a drainbow? and left it at that...im tired of going back to the beginning, i wanna move forward, i may b projecting a bit there, but w/e

2. wootier

wootier Member

soaringeagle, i think anybody that judges all of rainbow by few posts on the net isnt that openminded, and maybe that could change at a gathering but hopefully we can start it here, i hope anyone that has any doubt or opinion about rainbow would share, so we can all see and share our opinions and experiences

3. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Ya, I would hope that newbies would read more than just this one post, and that they would be collectively intelligent enough to figure out that there will always be problems in any society, and the issue of "drainbows" or whatever else one wishes to call them or not call them, is still an issue, none the less. One that people WILL address at one time or another, simply because whether you want to give it a name or not, it can still be a problem. One would hope that those who have behaved in less than exemplary "Rainbow" fashion would be open enough to realize that perhaps they might be doing better than they are and learn some valuable lessons by seeing themselves in all this.
    Everyone judges. Unless they're saints or gods/godesses. It is nearly impossible to not do so at some point or another. One must figure out who they can allow into their lives and who they cannot. One must also figure out that everyone is different, and that even if you disagree with someone's lifestyle, you can, under normal circumstances, learn to take them as they are, find those traits that you like, and realize that the person is only capable of as much as they are capable of.... But you cannot expect silk purses out of sows ears so to speak.

But there ARE people who are just plain annoying in their attitudes and manner, their expectation that everything is either a ground score or a handout. Those who take away from the scene rather than add to it or be neutral. The fighters and yellers, the bums, the pushy, the snobs, they all need compassion too, probably more than most, but in the real world, and real human nature in the greatest majority of cases, those bothersome individuals have a way of making themselves less than welcome in any given situation, no matter how spiritual the intent. And so they inherit a nickname, a label (heaven forbid), no different than calling something "purple" or a "book".

I'm certain that in reality, Soaring Eagle was suggesting that things needed to settle down some, because certain peope were taking things far too seriously, and when folks begin to get far too defensive, no one hears a bloody thing. Serious posts designed to piss people off, will ultimately succeed. But what good does it do to take out your hostilities on others AT LENGTH? I vote for some levity! A bit of an open mind, perhaps.

Maybe, just maybe, there are some people on this thread with enough understanding to see things for what they really are...

4. buttercupful

buttercupful Member

5. the6peace8keeper

the6peace8keeper Born Again Satanist

Dont people realize that in every walk of life there are givers and takers.

6. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

At a rainbow gathering you call them drainbows. Anywhere else you'd call them mooches.

They're the ones who get kicked out of communes because they don't contribute. When you take them camping they just sit around the campfire while everyone else is gathering more firewood. They're always smoking someone else's weed, drinking someone else's beer and eating someone else's food. These people constantly have their hand out and act like you owe it to them.

Yes, there are givers and takers in life, but there are also those who let the takers walk all over them, while others stand up to them and make them pull their own weight.

7. ryno

ryno Member

Spirit, haha! Once this year, we put a whole cup of sugar on the bliss rail and moments later Spirit arrived, got some coffee, and then left. A few minutes after that, someone came and asked us for sugar because our cup was empty!

Personally, I think people get so upset with bliss ninnies and drainbows because they don't do anything, but then expect everything. I can honestly say that for all the herb the kitchen crew smoked in the month I was there, I barely caught a buzz because of the ninnies and drainbows. I was there the second day of seed camp this year and helped dig most of the shitters, I did more water runs than I can count, and I did tons of other things that I am not even going to list off. I did these things every day because I WANTED to not because I expected to get smoked up or whatever. It just really gets on my nerves when people sit there and whine about not getting smoked up or dosed. It especially annoyed me when the people whining were drainbows that sat in our kitchen all day not lifting a finger. I'm trying to not look down on anyone and I love all of my family, but I do think that the people who are busting their humps to make the gathering enjoyable for everyone shouldn't be missing out on goodies due to intercepting loafs. You can accuse anyone of playing the superior card all you want, but remember that the next time you work the whole gathering without getting so much as a thank you for doing a good job and have drainbows sitting in on all your kitchen smoke sessions disabling you from even getting a head change. I honestly don't think the kitchen crew ever even had a single smoke out just by themselves. We had ninnies at all hours. The motto is supposed to be: "Everyone does a little, so no one has to do a lot", not, "Everyone does little so a few have to do a lot and still share their luxuries". I had very little tobacco and ended up giving hundreds of cigarettes away. There were people who even took advantage of me and rolled two cigs. Town was 45 miles away and I didn't have a car. I just feel that people who aren't helping their brothers and sisters shouldn't be getting helped themselves. If it were up to drainbows and ninnies, we'd all die of starvation. It has nothing to do with labeling, or having a high nose, it has to do with simple decency. Why should the ants suffer while the grasshoppers play all day? Next gathering I am bringing my own stash and only smoking up the people who are right there working with me!

Sorry if this came off wrong and I hope everyone can relate to my point.

8. poorphucker

poorphucker Member

That is a good part of many issues and sums it up quite well.

9. earthmother

THANK YOU!:)

I'm glad that someone realizes that. And once a body is fed up with being taken from, it's time to say enough is enough! :mad:

Which is why this forum is such a great place to express these things. HUGE readership, and hopefully some of it sinks in...:party:

And if ya put a little heat on someone to do something constructive and they disappear, then "by their works ye shall know them" and all that...:leaving:

And I suppose that someone who just keeps on letting folks walk on them until they have nothing left, because they are too "spiritual" to say anything that might be considered derrogitory MIGHT be considered a bliss ninny too.....?

10. newo

Standing up to people doesn't have to be confrontational. Sure there are people who will contribute as little as possible as long as they can get away with it, but most of them will be "happy" to pitch in if they're asked nicely.

"Hey, I could use some help preparing this stew we'll be eating tonight."

"I have an extra shovel, could you help me dig a couple shitters?"

"We're taking up a collection for beer, whatever you can contribute will be appreciated."

Some will have to be asked again and again, but most will finally get the message.

11. tculi

tculi Senior Member

haha dude i just wanted to say i was reading this thread and all the sudden it got really intense
    hahahaaa

12. wootier

wootier Member

hahaha, yah, agreed man, a little too intense if u ask me

13. earthmother

Well, hey, check this out. I had a Drainbow nightmare last night! In the dream, we had just come off the hill from the pond and there were several hundred folks hanging around in my yard and house, just helping themselves to everything and making themselves quite at home. Total surprise. Most of them were drunk. I got pretty upset finding someone upstairs in all my personal things and I told everybody to leave. They all lookied at me like I was crazy. I tried explaining to them that I was NOT having a party, I had not invited anyone to my home, or advertised any festivals or gatherings, that this was MY house, and MY stuff, but they just acted like a bunch of zombies, staring. I finally ended up having to DRIVE them out of the house like a herd of cows. The yard, and the entire farm was now full of these people. Most were drunk, lots of them were passed out. There were fights going on. One guy who looked like Jerry Garcia had a gun. I tried and tried to get them all to leave, but people just smiled and said, "honey, you must be on drugs"... or "Are you sure you're alright, you're not acting right?" Everyone was dumb as mud, nobody got it. They all just thought this was a free for all and everything was at their disposal. Hell, I got a group of them to move about 15 feet, and there was a BODY with a knife sticking out of their chest, but nobody seemed to notice. They were all too fucked up. They were leaving a huge mess everywhere they went, but I kept telling everybody that was why I was not having a big party here, because I did not want to have to spend months cleaning up after them. They just kept staring as if I couldn't possibly be talking to them, and more just kept coming....

Hey, I'm serious, I really do dream this kind of stuff. Horrible. Somebody get me a glass of water...

14. agrohippy62

agrohippy62 Shovel bum

Wow. That is really trippy. I think you latched onto something here. Some of those "rainbows" or "hippies" or "drainbows" as you all label them (aren't labels useful?) might just be lifeblood-sucking zombies in Rainbow clothing (but you can't tell because they're dressed just like hippies!). CREEPY This could be the start of a good B movie, hmmmmm.

15. wootier

wootier Member

damn succubi

16. newo

"Night of the Living Drainbows"
    "Dawn of the Drainbows"
    "Day of the Drainbows"

Instead of being undead zombies, they're all fucked up on, oh I don't know, some brown acid going around?

17. wootier

wootier Member

i love ure signature... BUY NOW!!!

18. earthmother

"Night of the un-greatful Dead". And the slogan is not "loving you" , but "sucking you!"

19. wootier

wootier Member

"dumb dead" the story of what happened to all the weed

20. Shithead_n_dozer

Shithead_n_dozer Member

hippie politics man they gotta be more intricate and judgemental than anything ive ever become invovled in. this is the way i see it, no matter what wereever ya go who ever youre around theres gonna be 1 if not more folks who take away or DRAIN from the productivity vibe whatever. what can you do? you cant change someone if they dont wanna change they gotta do it. o well we just gotta deal with the bliss bunnies theyll either learn or get too butt hurt to show up in the woods over and over, ive seen some blissninnies turn there act around. i work my ass off and could care less who gets me high or drunk or whatever.when did getting high become all that mattered? thats what i see sometimes if i want weed or booze that bad ill go to fucking town fucking buy it, some hippies just care too much about being high.