How can you get over an ex?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by theusualone17, May 24, 2004.

1. theusualone17

theusualone17 Member

Whats the best way of getting over an ex gf? i broke up with my ex about 2 months ago and i still love her a lot but i realised that i need to move on, i just dont know how to do it.

please help me.

2. kazinspace

kazinspace Member

im like in the same position, im still in love with my b/f. i thik i will alwayz love him, but i just eccepted that he'l alwayz have a place in my heart and tried to move on.

3. shutterfly

shutterfly Member

Well... if you haven't already you need to cut all ties with her right now. It's cool to stay friends but do that later. Right now you definately need some alone time away from her to heal and grow. You need to put away things that remind you of her and just start living your life without her. Try to focus on keeping busy with projects and friends and activities while at the same time allowing yourself to grieve over your loss and accept your separation. With time your heart will heal and you will be able to think about her without pain. Don't worry.. you won't hurt forever.

4. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

There's no easy way. Getting over someone who has impacted your life like that takes time, and that's about it. As much as you can put them out of your life, the memories will still be there which makes it tough. Since you know you need to get over them, you've already made a step forward. Keep yourself busy and let time pass. Before you know it you will either have accepted the breakup or maybe even met someone new.

5. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

it's nor easy to get over someone you love. But I've noticed that it gets easier with time. I was madly in love with my first boyfriend about two or three years ago. all i could think about was him, i loved him so much. we broke up and I was left heartbroken for a very long time.

I just tried to avoid seeing him, cos everytime i saw him i felt really angry and sad, it destroyed me.

I think time is a healer. i know it hurts so much but it wont last forever. after that you sort of feel stronger than before, well, i now now I am. I dont get upset too easily cos i've been through bad shit, what can be worse that someone rejecting your love?
    kill you?

anyways, it'll heal. i promise.:)

6. Crimson

Crimson Member

I still love love a girl from when was about 12 (im 18 now) and we are still great friends. I have a grad party comming up and she is comming down. I feel bad because i think that i shouldnt still feel love for her.

So what im basicly trying to say is that there is no easy to get over your ex. and if you anything like me you cant. You just have to move on.

7. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

Don't be sad that it's ended... Be happy that it happened :)

8. balance_n_venus

balance_n_venus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

9. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

Get rid of any visual reminders....memories and vision are highly interlocked. Redecorate. Burn the shirt she wore, give away that thing that you were looking at right before you typed that post .......
    :)

just a thought...it helped me bunches.

10. shadowd_dreamr

shadowd_dreamr Senior Member

Breaking up can be hard... but ya know what!!! your young, full of testosterone, and can pop a boner with ease ;).. go gettem girls tiger.

11. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

go out...get wasted...start a fight with the biggest ape yer can find in the bar...get more wasted...sleep with a woman of negotiable affection :)

it won't help yer stop missing the ex...but it'll help yer fill a night in without moping :D

12. India Savannah

India Savannah Member

it will take time...but try and just move on go out have fun and meet new people

13. TheStoon

TheStoon Member

Says it all really...

But i'm one of those who thinks you never "really" get over someone you love, you will always love them - its just you'll think about them less and less, and when you do think about them the feelings will change from anger and hurt to fun and fondness...

I'm one of these people who falls in love far too easily, so I've been through this a few times!! :D haha :confused:

14. kardea

kardea Member

it's hard, i know. time. everytime. that's what it takes.

15. mellimel19

mellimel19 Member

These guys are right, the only thing that works is time. It really sucks to hear it, but it's true, believe me. I dated a guy for 10 years, and was totally devastated when we broke up, thought I'd NEVER get over it or find someone else that I could love that much. I felt that way for a long time, until that feeling slowly started to fade, and I didn't miss him so much or think about him as much. I started having fun and being happy on my own again, and eventually met someone new. At that point I remember laughing to myself, because while I was heartbroken, I remember people telling me that I would be hurt and sad probably for a long time, but that eventually time would lessen the pain. At the time I thought they were all idiots and I didn't want to hear it, but they were totally right. My heart healed, as will yours. Best of luck to you :)

16. TokeMEup420

TokeMEup420 Member

man no way it sucks losing someone you really like I had that happen only twice but it was a bitch trust me man it sucked. You get like depressed and then four days later you go to a club and get laid. :p