How Can I Prepare Ayahuasca???

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by berebebo, Jun 4, 2004.

1. berebebo

berebebo Member

Hi brothers & sisters,

I just received peganum harmala and mimosa hostilis...

so I'm searching information for the Ayahuasca preparation...

Do you know how can I prepare it??

Don't tell me to check ayahuasca.com becouse I did't find anything....

If you know something please reply.....

LOVE

2. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

it is at aya.com, but here ya go... bare-bones brewing:

grind seeds --- maybe 3 - 5 grams per "serving" (blender OK) & simmer for 15 minutes in mildly acidic water (vit C, lemon juice, vinegar, a couple drops HCl acid, phosphoric acid, whatever...); strain & repeat w/fresh water; combine liquids...

shred or chop mhrb -- maybe 6 - 10 grams per person --- into simmering mildly acidic water; strain & repeat w/fresh water; combine liquids...

(if you let the teas sit overnight in the fridge, a lot of sediment will fall out of solution; the clarified tea will be less likely to make you feel sick, but opinios vary as to how much of the "actives" also settle out...

begin by sipping seed tea over 1/2 hour; when feeling mildly sedated/sparkly, begin sipping rootbark tea over 15 minutes... (or you could combine both the teas, if you want...)

sit or lie down & have an empty bucket nearby in case you wanna ummmmm "purge"...

there are also prolly recipes over at erowid & lycaeum as well as elsewhere aroun the web (& in books by ott, trout, & articles by mckenna & calloway & many others...) ya just gotta poke around...

3. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

& of course there are other recipes with these herbs, & with other herbs...

extracting fairly pure harmine/harmaline HCl salts from harmel seeds is quite easy (& legal in the usa, if not in canada...)

extracting anything from a dmt-containing plant (even tea or tar, let alone the pretty crystals) is illegal most everywhere...
    (well, unless you are actually doing a brew within one of the ayahhuasca-churches like UDV or sandaime)