How can I make my hair spiky even when long?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Hardrockerdave94, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Hardrockerdave94

Hardrockerdave94 Member

I'm a guy and I've got mid length hair, when straight, my fringe just about touches my lip, anyway, I always notice that when I get out the shower, cos its sort of in strands it looks better. So how can I get it to look this this all the time? Hairspray? Gel? And by spiky I mean sort of like this.
    http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/19713831/Izzy+Stradlin+IzzyStradlin.jpg

2. Chapter13

Chapter13 Member

izzy stradlin... fine songwriter

using peroxide and chemical heavy hair dyes for about five year should get ya that look

3. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

And it'll damage your hair. You can do a few things

- wet gel the fringe. Wax the top (I used to use Dax, it stays in for ages so you can re do it over and over again)

OR

- Hair spray. Whilst your hair is still wet, style it as you like and spray your hair.

It's a tricky style to master, if i'm honest.

4. cherryberry

cherryberry Member

What I used to do when I was going for Joan Jett's 'do was take a curling iron and straighten it and then put on some pomade or wax .I would then arrange it and spray some hairspray on it . After a while it got easier to fix ,I guess it was trained . But, that will give you a spiky look . You may not need the curling iron /straightener thing but that was the only way I could get mine to spike .

Peace and joy

Melissa