How can I get it started?

Discussion in 'Activism' started by ThePoetSappho, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I live in a super small town, and while there are a great deal of activists and open minded people here, it is a predominately Republican state. Aside from the protest at McCain's last Victory Rally and The Catalyst Infoshop, it feels like free-minded people and action is very lacking here, unlike my hometown, a very open, artistic, free thinking beach town. I want to stir something up, but don't know how or what. Any suggestions?

2. raz5

raz5 زینب

if you want to have a protest, make sure you get a protest permit for starters, i don't understand how we have the right to protest but have to pay for it...

3. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

are you serious? wow. When I protested at McCain's Victory Rally I really doubt anyone had a permit there... everyone was just stoned, gay guys were making out, we were running around the streets chanting and having a great time pissing off the war mongering fundies.

4. animalsASleaders

animalsASleaders Member

I myself find the hardest part with getting anything together, is one: getting the word out two: getting people to actually come out to protest =\.

5. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

Maybe if you grew up and stopped acting so self-righteous, you'd have an easier time. When you say 'open-minded', 'free-thinking', etc., all you really mean is people who agree with you -- people who like drugs and sex and the feeling of being rebellious and progressive. People who disagree with you may still have come to their conclusions through 'free thought' -- and as for open-mindedness, no one is really open-minded. You're just as closed to their ideas as they are to yours, as evidenced by your treatment of people in the Christian forums. You're not fighting some battle against great odds, you're just another rebellious kid -- one of hundreds on these forums.

The rant isn't wholly directed at you, but at the whole archetype which you're representing in this thread.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

ied..

7. IntellectualCurious

IntellectualCurious Member

wow, nice :)