How are you observing Easter?

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by dollydagger, Mar 22, 2008.

1. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

This whole Lenten season I have made a point to observe it more than I ever had in the past...I have absained from meat, fasted on the Holy Days, a friend and I have been doing daily readings and meditations (not just Christian readings, but also Buddhist...they go hand in hand a lot of the time), and for the first time in years we will be attneding and Easter service. (I live on the beach, and every Easter the three churches out here - Catholic, Methodist and Baptist- get together on the beach for a sunrise service.)

I am a non denominational Christian with (Buddhist influences) and I have a desire to be connected to my faith in a way that I feel God wants me to be. Observing Lent and revering Easter as the Holiest day in Christendom, to my pleasant surprise, has helped me to find my footing back on the path.

Anyone else doing something special or different this Easter?

2. Hryhorii

Hryhorii Member

I am getting baptized and confirmed and receiving the Eucharist tonight at the Easter Vigil. That is pretty exciting for me. My grandma came over today and gave me her old Sunday Missal which was pretty cool. Even though It is outdated cause it is pre-Vat II, it was a really wonderful gesture.

3. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

By the window. It almost always rains here on Easter. Tomorrow is no exception.

Poor kiddies.

x

4. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

I'm a little late for this, but I went to church for the first time in a long time...and I really enjoyed it. It was Catholic, which I'm not used to...but I think that's just a small detail in the grand scheme of things :)

5. Hryhorii

Hryhorii Member

Good for you! did you go to the Saturday Vigil or the sunday morning mass?

Where did you go to church way back when?

6. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

Sunday morning mass...I never really went to church growing up, aside from being brought there before I was old enough to really make the choice for myself.

7. Hryhorii

Hryhorii Member

ok, cool...