how about... mankato?

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by synaptic aether, Mar 19, 2006.

1. synaptic aether

synaptic aether Member

anyone else from this church plagued, old fart, bar ridden, consumer obsessed college town?

it used to be somewhat of a happenen place but now it's far from that. don't be from here.

2. synaptic aether

synaptic aether Member

chicken butt?

3. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

haha... i was in mankato back at the beginning of the month for Dead Of Winter Jam... it seems like an alright town... found Professor's... the lady that runs that headshop is pretty cool... she gave me a free bag with my pipe and gave my friend a free wallet with a stash pocket... other than that didnt really get around to too many places... besides the What's Up lounge.. seemed chill

4. synaptic aether

synaptic aether Member

yea, that lady's pretty sweet. it's her and her old hippy husband that run it.

i dunno... kato used to be like, 5 times the fun, chill, stuff to do town than it is now. but.. finally, it looks like it's getting some potential to climb back up there.

the way i see it, alot of people who organized things and ran places left and everything died. now all that's left is unmotivated people (me) and the younger generation that didn't have them to follow. ...it also didn't help that most of them were eliteist asses, so it was hard to get in on stuff to help keep it going.

but that's just my opinion.

the What's Up is like, our only small venue these days. we used to have places ran with the punk scene so we had a lot more shows and community.

5. Yoseff

Yoseff Music Addict

I travel to kato a few times a year to visit some family. i've never actually gone into town, though.

6. ~*DrEaMeR*~

~*DrEaMeR*~ Member

I'm from K'town, its pretty damn boring! There some cool people and yeah, Professors ROCKS!! THe owners are tite! But nothing exciting goes on here EVER... hmmm yeah, well, hope k-town becomes a lil more exciting for you, for us all! peace n much luv!!:cool:

7. synaptic aether

synaptic aether Member

if you weren't such a lamer ("christian", "attached (at 20 y/o)") i'd say we should meet up.

but i dunno...

[​IMG]

kato can be fun. you just gotta find the right people.

8. Kserah

Kserah Guest

I use to live in Kato...it was fun, old hippies & whatnot....
    I still go to visit sister once a year, but don't go out.
    Use to get anything there. is it really that lame now?
    thinking of moving back there....?
    Kserah :confused: