Houston Tx School Shooting

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, May 18, 2018.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Eh

Kids are bullied every day and only a tiny percentage shoot up schools

There were a couple of kids in my high school who, after Columbine happened, everyone realized if anyone were to shoot up our school it would be them. These guys werent bullied, they were avoided and isolated because they creeped people out. Sometimes people are just missing chips and dont connect with people not because people are mean, but because they just dont connect with people. For the same reason they go on to become mass murderers, because something is wrong with them on a deep level

I think its very dangerous to make victims of murderers. I've been looking into the incel movement lately and thats basically why these guys exist at all, because they feel victimized and therefore they feel justified in holding power over women and hurting women. Its a sick mindset and along the same lines of excusing a mass shooter because he was bullied

Without any real proof that he was bullied, i might add

Food for thought - the narrative for years was that the Columbine killers were bullied. But is that true?

At last we know why the Columbine killers did it.

Columbine, Bullying, and the Mind of Eric Harris

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Deidre and soulcompromise like this.
  2. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

And some people smoke all their lives and never get cancer.

It isn't making a victim of the shooter to suggest that bullying was a catalyst.
    I think that trying to dehumanize them is worse.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

But was bullying the catalyst? Is there any proof of that?

4. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I don't think anyone knows much of anything at the moment... all I'm saying is that you can't write off bullying as a catalyst.
    Incel, Nazism, etc... a lot of these things hold appeal for people who feel powerless with women, powerless in society, powerless amongst their peers.
    And of course, one way to feel powerful is to make everyone afraid of you, deciding who lives and who dies... which is what this shooter apparently did.

There's also this:

Rejection, bullying are risk factors among shooters - CNN

It doesn't mean it's a factor in every shooting, though.

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I was bullied by some people too. It made me angry, maybe sometimes I wished I could get some sort of "revenge". But as a kid that was like punching them or convincing the school a rumor was true about them. I never thought about killing anyone. If you have those thoughts it goes beyond the social pecking order of kids. These people are attracted to the angrier circles of people like the incels by nature.

6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I'm not calling him 'evil' or a 'monster.' I don't think that at all. I'm saying that they should focus on what kind of homelife he had. I have a feeling there are answers there, as to why he felt such despair to carry out something like this.

So, do you think that the students he murdered are not victims? Were in some way, responsible for their own deaths? Dead people can't defend or speak up for themselves, so we're only hearing ''his side.'' Even if there are witnesses saying he was bullied, we shouldn't give a pass to anyone who commits murder as a response to it. I said earlier in this thread though, that the school staff should be paying closer attention to bullying, although, some of it might be happening on social media, outside of school hours.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2018
  7. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I don't know what his homelife was like, but it's not like he killed his mom and dad.

No.
    But just because someone is a victim, it doesn't mean they weren't bullying the kid.

Who is giving it a pass?

8. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That's worse than blaming the victim. Now its sue the victim.