hotboxing?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by greenergrass, Apr 17, 2007.

1. greenergrass

greenergrass Member

I've never smoked before and my friends want to hotbox and just have me sit there with them while they smoke... would I get high from this/how high? I dont really want to get really high but feeling a little osmething would be okay...

what does it feel like when you start to get high/get high for the first time? in detail so I know what to expect...

also, I get anxiety attacks sometimes... would just sitting there with them breathing in it make me more calm or do you think it would make me freak out?

sorry if these are kind of lame questions haha but im wundering, thanks!

2. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Weed amplifies feelings more than anything, if you go into the room with a calm mindset, you'll end up twice as relaxed when you come out. The only real buzz kill would be paranoia, if you're paranoid about getting caught it might not be such a good idea. But if you're not really worried about that, it will most likely have a soothing effect. You might get overly anxious to feel something, so go in with no expectations, many people don't even get high the first time they smoke.

If you'll even breathe enough smoke to feel anything depends on the quality of the cannabis, how much is smoked, and the size of the room. Smoking cannabis does have a threshold, often sitting in a boxed room isn't enough to make a noticeable difference. I'd try sitting in through his smoking session and if by close to the end you haven't felt anything, try taking one small hit. If he's smoking a pipe, try just clearing a hit. Unless it's some really strong stuff, it won't be enough to get you really high.

3. greenergrass

greenergrass Member

we're going to be in a car, I think that makes some difference huh

4. kar33m

kar33m Member

Actually I have experminted the same exact thing two of my friends, letting them only sit there without smoking.

The first one had never smoked before. We let him sit in the car with us while we were passing 2 King size zigzag joints around. The car was FULL of smoke, when I opened the door as to get out an immense cloud of smoke came out almost like if there was a fire inside the car lol . We checked on our friend but no, he didnt get high.

We thought that maybe he didnt get high cause he was a weed virgin so we did the same exact thing with one of my best friends who used to smoke big time but had quit 4 monthes before.
    Still he didnt get high.

So from my personal experience, unless it's done with a ridiculous amount of bud it seems like hot boxing doesnt get you high at all.

5. greenergrass

greenergrass Member

thanks! that was good to know...

6. thedude21

thedude21 Member

educational, i still wanna try hotboxing though

7. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

one time me and like five heads crammed into a two person tent with a hookah and smoked around 2~3 grams of middies.
    it was a near psychedellic experience.

hotboxing in a car isn't such a good idea, it's kindof a giant "hey cops look over here" signal.

8. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

about 5 years ago.. which was the second time i got high was in a car and i didnt smoke. there were 3 people smoking joints for about 10 min and i was in the back. and yes i got really high. it must have been good shit. i didnt wana get high cuz i was on my way home but they decided to keep the windows up even when i said to roll them down. so that threw me into a panic attack.. it wasnt really a good high.. so dont do it if u dont want. cuz going in with that mindset wont be good. but if your relaxed about it and be calm then its all good bro . have fun

9. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

hotboxing = good times

10. MelvnDoo

MelvnDoo Member

i once hotboxed the closet in one of the places i used to live in. i took out all of my clothes and anything else that would soak up smells. we stocked up with liquids, munchies, magazines, music, etc. so we wouldnt have to open the closet door - for anything. the whole point was to hotbox the shit outta that closet.
    so me and a friend sat in there with our friend Savage Lucy:
    [​IMG]

quite a nice bubbler, although the bowl was a little bit too big.
    after a while, we had to open the door because we feared we had a lack of oxygen. after hotboxing, we left to go get some food (surprisingly) and when we came back, the closet smelled awful! it took many fans and a lot of incense to clear the smell out.

it was fun, but i´d never hotbox a closet again because of the smell it left. well, i´d never hotbox MY OWN closet again... someone else´s, sure....

11. wonderboy

wonderboy the secret of your power!

^ thats a nice little sidecar there. definetly digging that shit. im gonna hotbox my closet in the house today, because everyone's left for summer holidays and im the last one left... and ive been wanting to smoke up this one particular place all year... hells ya. hotboxing will probably never get another person significantly high... just doesn't have the same sort of concentration. but i'm sure some people can get a buzz, if not just a placebo.

12. MVerlie

MVerlie Member

My friend whose house we always smoke at has a sauna. It's the best place ever to hotbox, and yes it does amplify the high a lot. Not sure if it will get someone not smoking high though.

13. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

thats sweet man. and what? too big a bowl? there is no such thing. think looks like it can hold 2 grams

14. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

The best way to hot box IMO is as follows.

To do this you need a poll, a giant water jug, like the ones you see in office buildings and some friends, and lots of BBQ!

Basically you cut the bottom of the water jug of and make a bowl on the top of the jug using, screen or a real bought steam and bowl or what ever is big enough to hold enough weed to fill the whole jug. then you put it all in the pool, load that bitch up like its a giant gravity bong, fire it up and pull the jug up till its full of smoke then you take turns swimming under and into this massive bong.

Enjoy the BBQ.

15. RancidPunx

RancidPunx Member

ROFL a tip to remember.

16. templeton

templeton Member

My friends and I have a monthly tradition we have dubbed "HBC" or Hot Box Closet. We get anywhere from 6-8 people and play pong through 2 cases, then get prepared to get fucked. My friend has a walk-in closet, probably 3' x 8' in dimension. Somehow we manage to cram everyone in and we get the two-hose hookah set up, with strictly shisha. Then we start passing around a bubbler, two bongs, and a bowl if necessary. The combination of being drunk beforehand and the weed high and shisha light-headedness is a pretty intense competition. Once we finish, everyone falls out, barely alive. I look forward to it every time.