Hotbox Cafe

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by Lather, May 26, 2006.

1. Lather

Lather Member

Anyone heard of the Hotbox Cafe? It's the first and only pot-friendly cafe in Toronto and I'm hoping to pay a visit sometime in the first week of June. Have any of you been there? Also, if anyone here is from Toronto or anywhere in Ontario for that matter do drop me a message.. always looking to meet likeminded folks.

http://www.roachorama.com/hotbox/ It's great what these people are doing for the marijuana movement. I'm gonna start a similar hangout place for potheads one day..

2. active gopher

active gopher Member

hey dude, as a matter of fact, there are at least 3 other cafes in Toronto. newly opened Clandestiny, Kindred Cafe, & another opening soon. We shot our taping for Pot-cast.com ep 1 @ the Kindred & if you do happen to come to Toronto, I encourage you to check out as many cafes as you can. Enjoy your stay, & drop a line @ www.pot-cast.com if you need more info about 'greenseeing' in Toronto.
    Cheers

3. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

So can you smoke weed or something there? Am I missing something?

4. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

you can smoke if you bring your own, they dont sell it.
    they provide a safe setting to enjoy your pot. but you gotta order somthing on the menu, because it is a cafe after all.

5. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

How exactly is that legal?

6. Lather

Lather Member

You have to bring your own pot.. well you can't get into major trouble unless you're carrying a certain amount of pot. In fact I smoked pot on the lawns of Ottawa's Parliament Hill on 420... there were about 300 others, and just the one cop looking on at potheads like us sucking on 8-gram spliffs..

7. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

If only it were like that in other places...

8. active gopher

active gopher Member

Soontime dude, don't give up. Toking Cafes are opening up more and more, and tere is always strength in numbers. The cafe owners know this, the police know this, and so do the politicians.

These cafes all promote responisible marijuana use. There is no dealing on premises because that would legally close down the business of operating a marijuana cafe. So it's BYOB Bring Your Own Bud, but it's always well worth it. Cafe's are a blast & you meet interesting people, hear interesting stories, or chill in private & rent a room with a vaporizer. That, is a whole new experience. If you go to www.kindredcafe.com you'll get an idea of a Toronto MJ Cafe. Then you can at least make your own judgements.