hot boxing with dreads

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Rafaela, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Rafaela

Rafaela Member

As many of you know, i just reecently knotted in some dreads. they're holding up nicely, not matted at all, but I try to keep them in line. anyhow, I smoke a lot of pot, and hot boxing seems to be the thing now a days. Yesterday's keg party turned out to be a massive smoke-a-thon and my poor dreadies endured. The scent is still embedded in my hair though, I walked home reaking of pot. and teh smell just isn;t going away. my parents even gave me the coy eye, the all knowing look that I've been smoking my bud, annnnd how! I need to get rid of this, I dont like smellign liek pot all the time, especially because today they made me go to church and everyone in my proximity was kind of staring. it's the maryjane in the hair i know it lol

I dont want to wash my hair yet, I'm plannign to leave it unwatered for like a month. which is still a long ways go from today. Any tips? just to cover the smell? maybe oils? but what kind? a lemon spraay?

I have the knotty boy shampoo bar, but i really want to avoid washing my hair.

One more thing! do dreads naturally make your hair straight? dreads always appear straight to me, but mine kind of curl at the tips. and other sections in my hair. is it bad that i sometimes straighten those out? they remain knotted, i just flatten the kinks out every once in a while.

2. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

Hey , you could always have them smelling of Incense sticks !!!!
    Just burn a few & that should cover the smell of them failing that
    um, you'll have to stop smoking the budah. Good luck dudette
    Take it easy !!!

3. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Dude. Wash your hair.

It'll knot easier.

Unless you want to be a greasy mess of slippery smelly knots.