Horrible Break Up

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Insomniac_Junkie, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Insomniac_Junkie

Insomniac_Junkie Member

I just broke up with my girlfriend, I keep telling myself it was for both of our own good, but I don't know anymore. I didn't want the relationship to get out of hand when I didn't feel the same way she did, it wouldn't be fair. I just... did I do the right thing?

2. Haze_9999

Haze_9999 Member

what do u mean u didnt feel the same way as u did...u mean u totally lost feelings for her..or did u not love her as much as she did.....should never give up something so easily...sometimes it might be jus a phase.....if i had a chance i would've never let go....but i didnt...

3. Insomniac_Junkie

Insomniac_Junkie Member

No, I did love her but things just stopped clicking after awhile.

4. nightwriter

nightwriter Member

Sometimes the magic shifts from the initial excitement and newness to a more comfortable symbiosis between two people.

Sometimes the magic fades and nothing real is left that is worth working with.

I'm not sure which it was in your case.

5. Marija

Marija Senior Member

Somtimes you hate to try harder and do much things for some relationship to work. You can't just give up at the first thing that bothers you.

6. Gypsy_girl

Gypsy_girl Member

Well if you fell out of love with her which it seems to me from your post, or it could be just settling into a more perminant constant thing, but if you stopped loving her then yes you did the right thing.

7. .Hannah.

.Hannah. Member

Definitely not easy initiating a break up. I had a lot of questions running through my mind the first time and it was very hard. I remember missing him a lot, an insane amount, as he was a wonderful friend. Yet as you said, something didn't click.

The funny thing is you'd think with time it gets easier, or you're more sure of yourself, but it's not necessarily always the case. Sometimes we lose good friendships trying to get out of relationships that don't work anymore - that is never easy. Lots of whatifs. But stick to your guns, mate. The gut usually knows.

8. nightwriter

nightwriter Member

Ugh, my last long-term relationship had a really good friendship in it, but was missing that spark. Sadly, the friendship had to go when the relationship ended. I still miss him but I know that he wasn't the guy for me.