Horrible, bad dream that won't go away

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Lynnbrown, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I just had this dream last night, and today upon remembering it, it is just STUCK there like an abcess, worrying me All Day on and off.
    Like a bad glitch that I cannot erase, that pops up in my head on and offl.:(
    Lord have mercy, I think this post is as much to exorcise this as to get any thought from the rest of you...here goes..

there were at least 4 and I think 5 of my (real life) cats, all males and not neutered, sucking/eating each other's stomach's and lower parts out...
    it seemed some were in a hypnotic daze, and the one's eating/sucking/ug....
    looked up at me, as I was HORRIFIED :eek: seeing this.
    Their faces were wet, and nasty looking.
    I remember screaming at them and grabbing a towel and trying to smack at them to BREAK THIS UP; but, I was just yelling and sooo grossed out at SEEING this, and All of their Contentment, perhaps is the word.
    They were on top of a freezer on their back porch, going to town.:p

I am now seeing flashes of that...shitdamn

2. Ecomancer

Ecomancer Member

When you say "lower parts", is that a euphemism for genitals? Did the sequence seem more like a scene of morbid consumption, or an orgy?

3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Yes to the euphemism for genitals - only they had gone Beyond sucking to eating of the innards (complete with yellow and reddish gore..ugh) and yes the statement "morbid consumption" sums it up perfectly - though I somehow felt it may have begun with an orgy. It just didn't stay there.

4. +(Psychedelic*Rainbow)+

+(Psychedelic*Rainbow)+ Member

Man... that's freaky

5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

:cheers2: amen to that...
    especially when I look out and see them all piled up on top of the freezer, there is a moment when I'm looking Hard, making sure nobody is DEVOURING anybody out there. :eek:

6. Ecomancer

Ecomancer Member

Ok Lynn,
    Hard to even become aware of these things, but your self-empowerement is pathological. You may be enjoying yourself too much. Your attitude literally devours your ability to unite in healthy way, to the opposing principle (in this case, the male-female polarity).

This is a choppy interpretation; I may be back with a better analysis. Hope it helps...

7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Ecomancer - please come back.

I don't feel that ^ really applies, but I also may not really understand, feeling sorta dumb and :confused: and even :eek: at the moment.

8. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

that sounds fucked up. supposedly animals in dreams represent subdued or primal desires. i don't have any idea what the eating of the gentials and bowels would symbolize lol.

9. Ecomancer

Ecomancer Member

Sorry I've been away so long, dear.

What is most certainly present here, is a depiction of internal destruction. It exists under a thin guise of pleasure and self-indulgement. Besides being responsible for your own meltdown, you should also note that this possession is limiting (the circle formation).

If you haven't seen a doctor in a while, I would also advise you to schedule an appointment. Whatever you are doing to yourself in pursuit of pleasure, it may have very real effects on your physical health as well. Hope this helps.

10. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Ecomancer - I'm not getting any pleasure! lol, but it's true. I exercise by running/walking my dog every day (about 3/4 mile).
    The only "drug" I do is an herb. I haven't even had a drink in the past 2 years except for when my brother and his husband visited around Thanksgiving. However, I Did say last night I might go get a bottle of wine. But so far I haven't. :)
    I'm really not having this dream flashback anymore. However, could it also mean I NEED some kind (any kind? lol) of pleasure?!?

11. Ecomancer

Ecomancer Member

I never said you are doing drugs or alcohol. Sometimes a destructive attitude or outlook on life is to blame. Think about how you manifest your "pleasure impulse" and become aware of how the grotesque imagery applies to you.

Also,
    1.) Have you had any similar dreams since or before January 21st?
    2.) What had JUST HAPPENED TO YOU, the day before or the night you went to sleep and had this dream?

12. cooolz

cooolz Member

Maybe you just saw a cannibal corpse cd cover or something somewhere and you thought of it in your dream. Maybe you just created the most disgusting thing you could think of. It's certainly not unimaginable.