Honey Oil

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by Xeracy, May 27, 2004.

1. Xeracy

Xeracy Member

How much do u pay for Honey Oil? I've never bought it before and its coming around right now, so i wanna pick some up. I dont know how much i'm getting either, but my guy sez that its like enough to put a drop on 35 bowls. Im in southern cali BTW.

2. w00dstock

w00dstock Member

lol 35 bowls...sounds nice, im from canada so i couldnt tell you how much ide except to pay for that, i can get joints laced in it for $5 canadain (thats what most people pay for a normal joint) but usually it goes up to 10$ for a laced joint...just make sure not to get jipped

3. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

It's a risk to buy as it degrades rapidly.

4. RedStar

RedStar Member

hehe might be a dumb question but what is honey oil ?

5. Xeracy

Xeracy Member

ok, u take a PVC pipe
    fill it with an O or more
    put caps on the ends
    drill 1 hole at 1 end
    drill a lot of small holes in the other end
    stick a can of pure butane on the end with one hole
    let the can empty into the pipe
    honey oil dribbles out of the small holes into a dish, etc
    the butane evaporates
    the weed is spent.

u can put drops of oil in ur joint or on a bowl and it gets u more fucked up

6. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

How safe is butane??Never tried that to extract oils but sounds like it would ether tast wierd or at lest be bad for the enviroment.Any tried it yet???

7. Xeracy

Xeracy Member

butane cannot be liquid at room temp, so it evaportes quickly and completely, apparently leaving no butane smell or flavor behind (cuz butane smells like cow throwing up rotten eggs in to a lake of diarreah).

8. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

How big of a tube and can you use fresh herb???If you do an once then how much oil can you get with that??????

9. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I will have to try the butane one.

10. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Tell us how it works out.

11. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Use something else.

Di-ethly ether if you know what you're doing.

Xylene works just as well and is safer- I think (I'm wasted).
    If Ellis is still around- or mixmaster- they can probably confirm.

12. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

I wouldn't recommend xylene, as the boiling point is too high. Hexane or heptane work well, and evaporate much more easily. Diethyl ether works OK, but the hydrocarbons work better (more selective).

Butane works very well, but presents a horrific explosion hazard when used in the method usually advised. ANY of the NP solvents used to make honey oil are flammable, but using butane means literally immersing yourself in a cloud of explosively flammable gas while you work. The slightest spark from friction or synthetic clothing and *POOF*, a flash fire with you right in the middle of it!

13. paradigm

paradigm Member

How about using acetone for the extraction? I have done this before, but it seems to leave a weird taste to the oil. Also, works way better if you only do a quick rinse of the stuff.

Anyone have any comments on this stuff? What is the best stuff to use?

14. EllisDTripp

Acetone will pull out a lot more than the desired cannabinoids, producing a very impure, greenish-black "tar" instead of the desired golden oil. The problem is reduced by a short extraction time, as you mention, but then you aren't getting all the THC out! :(

Too non-specific of a solvent to be any good for honey oil production, I'm afraid...

15. Xeracy

Xeracy Member

ok, so i got the oil. $60 for a 1 gram vial. We went a little heavy last night and it was one of the strongest highs of my life. I woke up this morning not knowing who or where i was. trippy :D

16. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Trippy- but was it really worth the dinero?

17. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

Iv'e made oil like that before, it works out ok I guess, but we always did it with shitty weed to begin with. We'd spend like 1/4 of a day just turning it into powder with homemade devices(A blender or coffee grinder would have worked better I still say). I never really was told that shit was explosive, but common sense always had me standing far away from the final procedure of filling the tube with butaine, something didn't seem right about that situation...

18. Psilodelix

Psilodelix Member

does anybody know where I can get a pic or detailed plan for one of these honey tubes with the butane... I understand the hazard and will keep myself and others at a distance while filling it with butane...

This is a very convienent method for me as butane is easy to obtain here.

19. EllisDTripp

A "detailed plan" for what? A length of PVC pipe with caps on each end? A bunch of tiny holes in the lower cap to drain the oil, and 1 hole in the top cap to fit the butane nozzle.

If you need engineering blueprints for something this simple, you probably shouldn't be fucking around with such things in the first place....:)

Anyway, there are details available at:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_info13.shtml

, but sorry, no "detailed plans".

How do you plan to accomplish that? You need to physically push the butane can down to release the gas. Unless you are gonna rig up a solenoid operated valve or a motorized can holder or something (sorry, no plans for those available, either. :)), you will need to be standing right there while doing this.

20. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

LoL, you just said everything I was thinking...