Homemade Peanut Butter

Discussion in 'Desserts and Sweets' started by Totally Yoda, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

If you love peanut butter like me. I find making it homemade and pure vs buying it in the store with unwanted crap added to it taste a lot better.

You can use a food processor or a blender. Food processor is far better. My personal favorite peanuts are unsalted dry roasted peanuts from whole foods. Each jar is about 1 pound each. I make batches of 2 pounds so it last longer then a week.

1) Add 1 pound of your favorite peanuts to the food processor.

2) Turn it on at low speed at 1st. Scrape the sides as needed with a spoon. Leave it running for 3 minutes or until it turns into paste.

3) Once it turns to paste. Switch it on to high speed. Let it run for 5 minutes.

4) After 5 minutes. Poor and scrape the peanut butter in a jar.

5) Let it sit for 8 hours in the fridge.

6) After it cures. Enjoy natural tasting virgin peanut butter.

Because the peanut butter is virgin. It must be kept in the fridge unless being used. It has a shelf life of 6 months. If left out for a long time. It will liquefied. Don't worry. Let it sit in the fridge overnight and it'll be fine.

If you wish to add oil. Use 1 table spoon of peanut oil or whichever oil you want to use per pound.

If you want it salted. Add about a teaspoon per pound.

Edit: If you want a crunchy version. Put half a pound aside. Then proceed with the steps to make the peanut butter. Once you completed those steps. Add in the peanuts and pulse it a few times. And then proceed with the final steps.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    oldguynurse likes this.
  2. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, PB and Fritos make a dandy snack. But I do love the crunchy version also. So a PB and strawberry preserves (not jelly) with a layer of Fritos sandwich is wunnerful.

Totally Yoda likes this.
  3. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Added on how to make it crunchy.

And yes, good combo.

4. MartNorth

MartNorth Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Adams old fashion tastes pretty good to me.

5. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There are a few 'natchul' ones out there. You just have to stir 'em frequently to re-mix the oil.