Home away from Home?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Juneof44, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Juneof44

Juneof44 Guest

Hey Family,

Fortunately, I found a ride to Colorado; unfortunately, departure is tomorrow. Since council hasn't picked an official site yet, does anyone know generally where I should be heading? Steamboat Springs? Also, I am severely unprepared but prepared to work to be so. I have no camping gear, very little money, and probably only enough food for a week or two. Does anyone know any brothers and or sisters there already that might be able to help me out? Any info would be appreciated because I'd rather not get hypothermia or have a bad run-in with a rattlesnake, moutain lion, bear or agro street kid if possible. ;]

Lovin' You!

2. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

what you might want to do is head towards where spring council is going ot be held or is being held at the moment from there you'll get the best directions. for spring council directions head to welcomehome.org also as far as having no camping gear you might want to go to a goodwill or something and try to pick some up because it will be very hard for you to survive at the site without any you'll definately probably freeze i heard there is still snow in an around where the site may be. peace be with you

3. Juneof44

Juneof44 Guest

I have at the very least a sleeping bag and some other bare essentials. I will make sure to pack some warm clothes. A girl I am traveling with doesn't have a tent or anything too I think. I read that there is a holding camp in Dinosaur where people are working for things. So I think we might be headed there. Hopefully I'll be able to work or trade for a tent somehow. I slept outside for two weeks in Ocala's regional this year and that's something I could have definitely used there. Especially the night we made it rain!

4. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

youd be amazed at the folks that have spare tents an tarps to trade..

we wish you well..

luv n light

5. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

by the time ya get to dinasour,, im sure they will be a concensus..

lessen ya in denver... :p

6. busmama

busmama go away

If you are willing to give of yourself, what you need will come.
    Hillbilly is right, people have extra tents, especially anyone who ever stayed for cleanup. I have a pile in the back of my bus!
    Go as prepared as you can and remember freezing weather is a possibility. I have woke up with ice all over my tent in July more than once.
    Colorado in July can be colder than Ocala in Feb.

7. Juneof44

Juneof44 Guest

I am actually getting a compact tarp shelter kicked down to me. So atleast I'll have something. Thanks everyone and safe travels to whomever is going!