Holy crap these vegetarian patties seriously taste like meat patties!!! :D

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by wiccan_witch, Nov 11, 2013.

1. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

2. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

This is a good option for meat eaters who want to incorporate a few vegetarian meals into their diet. Or for new vegetarians who miss/crave the taste of meat!

3. wiccan_witch

I thought so, too! And so much better than ANY soy meat substitute POS.

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

How was the texture? Did it have that resistance to the tooth?

5. drumminmama

Egg as binder. That can be worked around, and I have been skipping cheese.
    This is very interesting, thanks.

6. wiccan_witch

Texture was great, DM. I felt like I would totally fit in at a meat eater BBQ if I bought these, lol.

7. drumminmama

That is the comparison, isn't it? :)

8. Asvin

Asvin Member

While it doesn't taste at all like meat I've found that garam masala combined with potatoes somewhat simulates the same taste-uniformity as found in meat. Also deep-fried paneer or tofu could eventually simulate the consistency of meat... it just tastes better - for me that is.

9. LornaDoom

LornaDoom Senior Member

that is how I feel about the boca burgers and the grillers prime..although vegetarian, still delicious..a lot like meat

10. otherness

otherness Member

i cant even eat fake meat anymore... its too much like
    meat ew

11. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

It's been so long that I don't even really remember what meat tastes like enough any more to make valid comparisons.

12. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I want my food to taste like itself

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

if I were a vegetarian I think I would just eat a ton of vegetables, which is pretty much what I do now except served with a side of meat. I don't really know why vegetarians like to eat things that resemble meat.

14. drumminmama

Because the particular person is veg for cholesterol reasons, religious reasons, ethics of raising livestock reasons, allergies...

15. wiccan_witch

True, but I didn't make them for that purpose, it was when I ate them that I realised it tasted like a meat patty.

Some people miss the taste of meat, but may choose to become vegetarian for various reasons. So these patties might be good for them.

16. Coleco

Coleco Member

Heres why: They believe meat is bad for you, or they believe that slaughtering other living things is cruel. But if you eat something that tastes, textured, looks like meat, then you must have actually liked meat to begin with!! *gasp* So you must like meat if your trying to make non-meat things taste like meat! Your just trying to get rid of all the other negatives about meat. But the truth is! You clearly still want "meat" on your dinner plate if you are creating "meat".

So if there were seeds that grew trees that sprouted little nuts that you could crack open and get chicken and beef from, so long as the cholesterol wasn't an issue you wouldn't hesitate to eat it as a "vegetarian". Truth is though, even plants do contain a miniscule amount of cholesterol from what I hear.. I dunno if its the same kind exactly or what, but what I learned in biology is that every basic living cell has to have some sort of sterol in their cell membrane for cell membrane integrity. So plants have like... phytosterol or something which is actually very healthy for you and all, but I think I heard somewhere that there is SOME cholesterol in plant cell membranes. But you have to drink like 10 liters of peanut oil to get the amount of cholesterol thats in one single egg yolk.

17. wiccan_witch

Do your research. People become vegetarian for almost as many reasons as people choose to eat meat. Religious, ethical, environmental etc.
    Very few vegetarians will deny that meat can taste good. They have given it up for what could be a multitude of causes.
    I really hope you are just starting to study biology as well, judging by the 'science' you have written on here.

18. Coleco

Coleco Member

Hehehe those "meat seeds" aren't real those are a figment of my imagination. :)