Hollywood

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AquaLight, Apr 28, 2013.

1. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

So I paid like $12 to see iron man 3. ( I had nothing better to do this evening ) what a load of shit.. I mean the U.S. president in an iron man suit really? Is the director on cheap crack or something? And all the Audi ads wtf ?

Its Hollywood anyway so I shouldn't have expected much. But this a new low from Hollywood for me, considering I watched the first iron man and thought it was cool.

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Hollywood should pay me to waste time watching their stupid movies.

3. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Funniest thing I heard in while.

4. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

I would have laughed too but it was an economy seat. Hong Kong is damn expensive.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Superhero movies are beyond my understanding. Ok, I can get the original appeal of a setting/origin such as spider man. But when you see how the stories are worked out, and even worse, most movie adaptions I guess cheesy taste is a must.

6. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I wonder if it was Hollywood that made The Death of Superman (from the comic book) into a pg13 cartoon movie and put it in the kids section at the video store..

/BTW, did you know that Holly wood is used to make magic wands...

7. odonII

odonII O

AquaLight

The 'Iron man' comic/franchise is about the ongoing exploits of a multi-billion dollar industrialist who also happens to wear a suite and fight the evils as he see's them.
    And you think that the president wearing a similar suite is beyond the realms of possibility?
    I would say, the level of patriotism has increased since the first film.
    You either have to buy into that or find it faintly ridiculous in comparison to the real world. Remembering this isn't the real world.
    Many 'blockbusters' have overt commercial product placements.
    The most recent, imho, is OO7/James bond.
    It stretches back decades, though.
    I remember Superman crashing through a soft drink advertisement billboard, and thinking: Should I buy that or not?
    These types of films have to be financed somehow, and are not the total picture with regards to 'Hollywood films'.
    It could have pushed the limits for you, and also not enthralled you at all. Fair enough.
    I think you might be 'angry' at the balance being wrong rather than the industry as a whole.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

I see enough crackheads where I live. I dont need to see good ol’ Robert Downey Jr! Your favorite snuggly Iron Man crackhead.

9. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Luckily you don't have to watch anything you don't want to.

Last movie I watched was the Hobbit in 3D. I jumped when Gandalf lit a pine cone and threw it. Looked like it was coming right at me.

Everyone's been burned on movies man. Don't even get me started on Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I walked out and watched Kung Fu Hustle which kicked ass.

10. odonII

odonII O

This makes no sense at all.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

rdj is a reformed crackhead. everyone know that..

white boy got his career resurrected .. but the black actors with similar crime history did not..

Either RDJ sucks good dick, or he sucks good dick.. compare his career troubles to that of todd bridges.. [​IMG]

12. odonII

odonII O

You have to compare similar careers not history per se.
    What career would Todd have had if he didn't get mixed up with drugs?
    More than likely guest spots on minor TV shows and made for TV movies - which ended up happening anyway.
    Would Todd have become a Hollywood A list actor or even a contender? Who knows.
    Maybe the same career as Scott Baio.

13. acuarela

acuarela Member

We went to the movie theater today too. We took Sophia to watch Jurassic Park 3D. The only time I step into a movie theater is if a friend asks me or to take my kid to watch a kid movie. The best comment she made throughout the movie was at the end when she said the T-Rex and the velociraptors were playing mega fight. She brought her boa to the theater too and kept saying it was a brachiosaurus.

I wouldn't make any effort on my part to watch Iron Man 3. I guess I could watch it if it was on tv, but I also don't have cable so that's never gonna happen.

14. odonII

odonII O

It will enevitably be on TV you can view. That's what happens. See you in 3-4 years.

15. acuarela

acuarela Member

I don't get any channels whatsoever, you turn my tv on and there's nothing but static. I guess I could get some channels if I got an antenna? Or something. I don't even know, but why bother?

16. Sunshine_Daydream*420*

Sunshine_Daydream*420* Member

I have no idea what is even playing at the movie theatres. No clue at all. LOL. Am I missing out on anything epic?

17. odonII

odonII O

You might be able to watch Iron Man 3 at some point :p If you do not get any whatsoever I wonder why you suggest you could watch it if it was on TV. It really does not matter, to be honest.

18. acuarela

acuarela Member

Because it's the type of movie I found myself watching when I had cable. I'm not interested in them, but I'm being a lazy bum and everything there is to watch is on the same category. It's the same reason why I disconnected my cable.

19. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

It isn't so much about reality and how possible it is to have the president in the suit, but its more about how it is so obvious that a good part of the movie script was written specifically to reach this cheesy one liner scene where it is said "you look good in that suit mr.president".
    The level of patriotism has definitely increased beyond tasteful levels.
    I agree about the balance thing.
    Have you seen the movie?

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

ok I see you and raise you ,, 1/2 a JEW..