Holidaying alone

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Not Dead Yet, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Not Dead Yet

Not Dead Yet Members

Morning everyone.....I'm really new to this site and even newer to the Naturist/Nudism scene. A quick back story before my main question.....60 yrs old...Stage 4 Prostate Cancer....Widower now for 2 years...just emerging from a self imposed exile as the clock is ticking a little fast.....
    What are the thoughts of me , as a lone male , taking a holiday at a nudist camp site....I've recently bought a campervan to allow me to travel around and visiting such a camp is something I'd like to do......but the last thing I want is to have people think I'm some weirdo because I'm on my own.......
    Thoughts anyone......

2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

You will be fine.
    People are friendly on holiday.
    Stop worrying, go enjoy. X

3. Not Dead Yet

Not Dead Yet Members

Thanks for the support Candy Gal...but at a time when being a man seems to be a delicate occupation
    I wouldn't want others to be concerned because there's an old bloke on his own wandering around the campsite naked
    ..........preconceived ideas on my part perhaps....?

Candy Gal likes this.
  4. Candy Gal

Yes it will be fine. Also there will be older people than you darling.

5. Not Dead Yet

Not Dead Yet Members

It's not so much the age...more that I'll be there as a lone male....Still..you're right of course..Xx

6. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

Depending on which resort you are intending to visit, it is worth checking first that they accept single males.

Sadly, in these days when discrimination is supposed to be illegal, some nudist resorts are still living in the last century and don't allow males on their own.

7. Not Dead Yet

Not Dead Yet Members

Not something I'd thought of.....but of course you are right...obvious when you think of it.....as to Discrimination....that's a topic for another conversation.....thanks my friend.....

Very Fast Car likes this.
  8. Candy Gal

Sent you some ideas. X

9. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Hi, as you have your own campervan you don't need to frequent special nudist resorts (with such rules maybe) I guess. I would propose to look for "wild" campervan spots right next to nudist beaches and then just see what is possible. Usually people are open minded as long as you behave adequate.
    I think it'as great you put nudism van life on your bucket list (I have a VW T3 van)!
    Good luck and have fun!

Candy Gal and Not Dead Yet like this.
  10. Ace65

Ace65 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've always been alone and I've been going to nudist resorts here in the US for about the last 10 years. Other than being financially penalized for being a single male and paying a hell of a lot more than I should have. I haven't really had any obvious problems. For me it's been more subtle as I've spoken about elsewhere. At the places I've been couples tend to congregate with each other and will avoid any contact or even any communication with a strange male they don't already know. So I do feel highly ostracized and left out.

But you should be ok to do your own thing.

Not Dead Yet and Candy Gal like this.
  11. Not Dead Yet

Not Dead Yet Members

An interesting thought indeed....Stealth Campervaning....there has always been a more relaxed attitude to nudity from our European neighbours.....The UK on the other hand ,even today,seem to find it hard to come to terms with. A lone male..unclothed ...is still,however adequate his behaviour, is still viewed with suspicion.....unfortunately....