hmmmmmm

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 7, 2005.

1. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

-getting ready to light my last cigerette ever. great, ill be even more bitchy then usual for a few days.

and day number two without a car.... yay. ;)

2. Love_N_it

Love_N_it Banned

chew the filter when your done smoking that one,
    and whenever your 'nicotine fits' start kicking in,
    get another one out of the ashtray and chew it up too!

you should be able to quit if you don't have any,
    and you don't have a way to get anymore.

3. interval_illusion

haha im not THAT desperate for nicotine! lol

well, considering the fact that i have no car and no money, i wont be able to get any.

luckily for me... i do have 17 nicotine patches that i bought a while back when i was gonna quit but then changed my mind so i just put one of them on. :)

4. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

good luck hun!

5. interval_illusion

6. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Today is day 5 for me. Sunday night was my last smoke.

Overall concidering all that has gone on around here I think I am doing really good. I've had a few bitchy moment but I'm not obsessing for a smoke. I am also taking care of a cold. Maybe that is why it is not that hard this week for me.

Good luck. Try finding an outlet for your "energies" when things start to feel crazy.

7. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

8. interval_illusion

thanks guys. hehe bell... we should go on a road trip... ill start walking to your house and be there in about 6 months. :) :p

9. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

Good luck to u too Peanuts!

10. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Thank you.:)

My husband and I both quit Sunday night. He's having a lil' harder time with it than me. I think he thinks about it too much which would make me want one too.

Such a nasty habit but yet it's a tough one to quit. blech...

11. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

good luck, man. i wennt totally fucking nuts for a while. it sucked. the patches help so much when you get to freaking out.

12. interval_illusion

yeah, i quit for a year using the patch before. my husband quit at the same time as me and he never started again... so he hasnt smoked for about three years or something like that.

i dont know though... at times like this, knowing i gotta go thru that stupid withdrawl ALL OVER AGAIN, it makes me mad that i ever started again.

but, ah well, what's done is done. nothing you can do about it now.

13. Bellfire01

14. mynameiskc

i keep getting mad that i had to quit something i liked so much at all, and that now i'm going to have this stupid desire for a cig every time i go to the bar. it fucking irritates me.

15. mynameiskc

and i don't care what anyone says, it WAS easier to quit coke and meth. i had two difficult weeks with that, then no more troubles on that front.

16. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Bill and I both quit at the same time. Did it bother Dan that you still smoked after he quit? That is hard to do when one smokes and the other is stopping.

I know what your saying about the withdrawls. I've gone through this cycle more times than I care too. At least this time it seems okay, again probably because I'm sick oh and the fact that it is winter. I never smoked in my house.

17. interval_illusion

i dont know if it bugged dan or not. he told me it didnt and i didnt smoke in front of him.

i have never smoked in the house either.

18. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

He doesn't go to the bar but that is how my husband feels. He loves to smoke. His breathing sucked and he didn't exercise and he had a loud annoying cough but he loved to smoke. He said this morning he's in denial.

I only ever smoked 5-7 smokes a day if that somedays less. Never in the house, never in the car. But yet I enjoyed my couple that I did have.

Such a love/hate relationship.

19. Bellfire01

Let me be the bearer of bad news. When you quit smoking and I mean quit for a long while, you won't be able to go to bars because the smell in there will knock you out my friend. You'll turn into me lol. (You won't want to go anywhere near people that smoke and you'll not allow them in your house. You're smoking friends may try to sabatoge you. Here is the good news: When you really quit you'll find new non-smoking friends and you'll find out just how much money you were spending. You will be able to smell the full flavor of things that you love and you'll have more energy. (I have an aunt that quit for awhile and said when she didn't smoke that she couldn't stand the smell of her White Dimond perfume.) Save your money and take a cruise. ;)

20. interval_illusion

i love smoking too. love it. errr.. but i am gonna do this.