hm

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by moonbeam, Jun 5, 2004.

1. moonbeam

moonbeam Member

it amazes me that people are so suprised to meet a hippy that thinks deeply....why is that? and it suprises them more to meet one who is introverted. Specifically, me. Are there no deep thinking introverted hippies at all, except me?

2. YogaOfLove

YogaOfLove Member

no, you are not alone, i think these days that the words hippie and stoner are used interwined, and thats not correct, it makes people look down upon us, but if you keep proving the stereotype wrong, then at least you can know you did:)

3. tuesdayafternoon

tuesdayafternoon Member

Im also sick of being looked at like Im crazy, anyone else get that vibe?

4. cauan

cauan Member

All the time, if it doesn't happen with me it does happen with one of my friends. We are just looking for a a way to be more rational.
    We wear what we want,
    we treat people as people, trying to be away from prejudice.
    We don't believe in a couple things, but don't try to make the other invalidate that too...just one or two couple things that are way too absurd.
    That's all...but people keep on trying to stereotype me all the time...as if I wasn't really going my own way, just following the others.
    I don't consider myself a hippie,I believe i t only happened in the 60's and nowadays our complaints have changed...anyways...
    Kisses and hugs everyone.

5. Acorn

Acorn Member

many people underestimate the intelligence of hippies.

6. moonbeam

moonbeam Member

i hear that.

7. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

Moonbean i know were you are at.To many people when they see me think long haired stoner with no brain.When i go see my mom people will come up and go so still on Dead tour.There is times when this gets to me.
    But at the same time it has made me stronger in myself.All we can do is be are self.That i have learned many a time over and over.I am who i am.I read and love the works of Ghandi to Emanual Kant.I see change going on deep at this time with many people.I see a spiritual birth taking place with many brothers and sistahs all over.some small and some big.There will be a time when we see more on the inside than out of a person.I try to see that know.Hard at times i will say but i i try and see that inner link that is in all.

8. moonbeam

moonbeam Member

how true is that. keep on keeping on my friend

9. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

My mother's saying when I was young for a hippy was "A Jack that looked like a Jill but smelled like a John". She meant "a guy with long hair that stinks" and yes she thought hippies were dumb & druggies.

10. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Do worry Moonbeam I know exactly where you're coming from, being there myself :)

Round here people are suprised to meet a hippy, period. So it's never been that much of an issue.

TTFN
    Sage

11. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

man, try living in hicktown USA. im not a cowpoke, a jock, or the son of a local 'businessman', so naturally i 'must' be a drug using, shoplifting, anti american freako.

12. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

its the same way here, except the hicks and people from the local govt speak out about the changing world, and they have banned certain "hippy" music from the schools. it is also illegal here to skateboard on the street, but its illegal to do anything but run and walk on the sidewalk. youll get tickets for that shit. also if you speak out about the police corruption and the somewhat brutality here, you get arrested, just like that. oh and about the "hippy music", as the school calls it, you cant listen to most musicians from the 60s, along with alot of todays music too, or they take your cds and give a detention. very fucked up. if you dont believe me, i am planning on scanning pages of my student planner thing, so you all can see these anti musci rules.

13. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

never had that problem. Maybe it's just you?

14. prism

prism :o

I'm an introvert. ::keeps mum::