History shows that America beats up the powerless in retaliation

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Chodpa, May 25, 2004.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

that may all be very well, but the moment we used those weapons on another country, we became a target for those very same weapons.

2. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

That post was aimed at Autentique, not you. I started typing after you started typing so you posted yours before I posted mine. I agree with you.

3. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

My point, was, and is, that war that shows no regard for civilians is not civilized, not is it an action to be respected or even validated with any sort of reason or hindsight. I would rather be a German or Japanese, or Chinese than a member of the most powerful nation in history which merely shit on the weak. Private US citizens will be next (captured and tortured by our own government- what's good for the goose...), and war will come to our own shores and next time the civilians will be our own, and we asked for it. We no longer, if we ever did, have the higher moral ground. This is my point.

We all love heros and Saving Private Ryan was very popular for that reason, but those days are over. Our troops are stranded in Iraq, and being squandered. War is a merciless crucible which has forged a new and ever more sorry reputation for our country. The fact that some people actually believed the Bush lies which started this last war, and still do, prove to me that our country is in grave danger from within by the very people who profess to love peace and democracy, and that we actually will deserve what we get when it comes. It makes me really heartbroken.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Is anyone condoning war or what is going on in Iraq at the present time? No.

If you think that Germany or Japan was weak around the time of WW II, your knowledge is clearly feeble. Do you know anything about world history at all? Germany or Japan probably could have easily defeated us if we sat back and let them. What were we supposed to do, let them take the country over and kill everyone? It was either we killed them or they killed us. Please, educate yourself. You seem a tad misinformed and naive. This is not about whether you support war or not, it's about history. You would not be here today if it wasn't for America's victory in WW II. What part of that do you not understand?

5. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Quote>the minute those bombs were dropped was the minute we started waiting for someone to drop them on us.

I'm afraid that is true. That's a realistic fear, these days especially. I cannot believe we haven't been hit since 9/11

6. Maverick

Maverick Banned

Germany was incredibly advanced in technology. They had remote controlled missles for God's sake. We only won the war with manpower. Shear numbers. It it weren't for American intervention in WWII, we would saluting a different flag.

7. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

What part I don't understand is the abusive tone of answers to this post and people calling me stupid and feeble when all I am doing is pointing out that 'collateral damage' makes the offense and defense one and the same team - the team of the destroyers of all human values of decency and common interest. I frankly don't care if I am German, or some other nationalistic group. People think that being American means something, but all I'm saying is that, it doesn't! Not anymore. Tomorrow when Homeland Security seeks a lock down against everyone it will be a very different America than the one that people idealize. Only people in America don't know this. Other countries already have the previous wisdom and experience to see the rot, and know what's coming.

Personally, when I see all the egotistical responses to this thread I see the real ignorance which will destroy this country. There just isn't any excuse or justification for killing civilians, even as a mistake. The only response appropriate is sorry. Anything else is the true ignorance. If you think otherwise, then enjoy your police state, because that's the thinking that will create and maintain it. If you think collateral damage is acceptable, then be prepared to be collateral damage. That's it from me on this subject. Thanks for participating.

8. Maverick

Maverick Banned

So America isn't "it" anymore huh? If not, then who is? Spain? Nah. Britain? Nope. Germany? France? Russia? China? India? Pakistan? Egypt? Japan? Canada? Australia?
    We're the only ones that are standing up to this scum, everyone else just jumped on the bandwagon. These people killed 2000+ innocent people on September 11th, what are we supposed to do? Sit on our hands? Talk it over? Invite them over for tea and crumpets and have a jolly good time?

9. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

PLEASE do us all a favor and shut your computer off RIGHT NOW, and don't turn it on again until you know what the hell you're talking about.

10. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

Dropping an atomic bomb MIGHT have been somewhere CLOSE to acceptable IF the United States hadn't used its victory in WWII to create a living hell for most of the third world ever since.

Whoopee! The people of Africa are killing each other with weapons sold to them by AMERICANS instead of Germans! Whoopee! The people of the CONGO and RWANDA get to be the victims of genocide instead of the European Jews - we'll let THEM lord it over some other darkies! Whoopee! The world gets to be wage slaves of America instead of Japan!

This planet could be burnt to a CINDER, and the 4 Americans left in New Mexico would still be bleating about how "heroic" all the destruction and misery and death they caused is. How beautiful.

There is nothing more tragic and horrible than people defending the dropping of weapons that killed 200,000 people at one time. "We stopped the war!" "More American soldiers would have died if we didn't do it!" Blah blah blah. You murdered hundreds of thousands of innocent human beings and set up a pattern of horrifying the WORLD into submission.

Vietnam? What reason was there to be there? To "stop the spread of communism?" Fuck you. Who is going to stop the spread of capitalism? Who is going to save the indigenous peoples of the rainforest from YOU? Who is going to stop YOU from dumping billions of barrels of oil into our oceans year after year? Who is going to protect the world from YOU?

In survey after survey, this planet has been telling you people - you are the most dangerous human beings on earth - the worst threat to the peace, stability, and health of this planet there is. But all you can do is pat yourselves on the back for slaughtering innocent human beings and quack about how great you are. It's really fucking pathetic.

11. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

[/QUOTE=LAUGHINWILLOW]In survey after survey, this planet has been telling you people - you are the most dangerous human beings on earth - the worst threat to the peace, stability, and health of this planet there is. But all you can do is pat yourselves on the back for slaughtering innocent human beings and quack about how great you are. It's really fucking pathetic.[/QUOTE]

WE???

Last time I checked Willow...you are just as American as myself and any other Americans.

you were born here....live here...get your education here.live in an american-built home.just because you run off to Jamaica for a couple of months a year doesnt make you less. Unless you leave America,give up your citizenship,and vote and pay taxes elsewhere...you are an American whether you like it or not.

quit kidding yourself sweetheart. Al-Qaeda would kill you dead just the same as me or any other american.

they arent gonna leave a dirty bomb and the go "Oh wait that Hipforums chick Laughinwillow claims she hates America and denounces her American birth...therefore we must avoid killing her." Naw..they are gonna blast your funky butt to bits with the rest of us evil assholes.

12. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

Irrelevant. Al Quaeda wants to kill me because of the actions of my government, not because of my own actions. Their hatred of americans is fueled by the behavior of america on this planet and the complicity of the average american.

I'm far more afraid of the United States government than I am of "terrorists" - and so is the rest of the world. For all I know, 9/11 was committed by the government in the first place.

And I'm leaving here in July, and god willing, NEVER coming back to be a part of this disgusting death culture. Thanks for the advice.

13. Maverick

Maverick Banned

No, we didn't go in because of Communism, it was the Communists. The North Vietnamese Communists were killing the South Vietnamese. Commiting horrible atrocities. In fact, after we left Vietnam, the North Vietnamese ran through and slaughtered two million South Vietnamese. Why? Because they weren't Communists.
    If our beef was with Communism, we would have visited China too.

14. Maverick

Maverick Banned

They hate us because we support Isreal, and because we don't serve and live for their god, allah. Partly because we have military bases in Saudi Arabia, but if it were just our government they hated, Isreal wouldn't mean anything to them.
    I hope you find what you are looking for in where ever you move too, because I don't know what it could be.

15. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

*throws a going away party for Willow*

make sure you tattoo on your butt..."No take-backs from the USA*

16. Megara

Megara Banned

yep, dont let the door hit ya on the way out

17. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

I happen to agree with LaughingWillow point of view, and I'm unable of undestand how is it that you can be so nationalist that you get to think that all the actions taken by your country that have caused so many deaths are no need to be sorry but instead you are here proud of them.

It seems like War is gonna still be the American way of Freedom, their way of obtaining "Peace"

18. Megara

Megara Banned

it brought peace to europe.

19. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

what i don't understand is how anytime someone disagrees on particular points of someone's bad logic we're suddenly right wing radicals and psycho nationalists drinking beer and getting fat in new mexico.

20. LaughinWillow

LaughinWillow Member

Europe and America and Russia have lived in relative "peace" because they learned to fight their wars on OTHER PEOPLE'S soil. Hence, you have the Vietnam War, the French, British, Americans and Russians funneling weapons all over the third world, fueling civil wars, causing the deaths of millions with their little games.

This is the point - you get to live in "peace" while you play war games with everyone else. Hardly a triumph for humanity.