History Channel Hippies

Discussion in 'TV' started by shaggie, May 23, 2007.

1. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Anyone see the hippie documentary on the History Channel around May 13? I caught a portion of it. It looked like a biased account that made a mockery of the hippie movement.

I don't watch much of anything on the History Channel anymore. I got tired of stories about the military, Hitler, and the Bible.

2. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I don't know, I thought they did a pretty good job with it

3. Merry Mab

Merry Mab Member

What about it did you think was biased, shaggie? What didn't you like about it?

4. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

It seemed like a comical look at the 60s culture. I've seen other documentaries that were more in-depth and intellectual than this one.

They could have put the time to better use by actually talking with some of the more influential people of that era.

5. Merry Mab

Merry Mab Member

You make a good point!

6. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Just about every guest on that doc was someone plugging his latest book about the 60s. Nice negative views by people from the Heritage Foundation and National Review too.

The 60s tunes they played during the doc weren't the originals. Looks like they were too lazy or cheap to secure the rights to use the originals.