Hippie Winter Holiday

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Duncan, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't celebrate the popular ian festival. I do a gift exchange with one long-term friend which is a collection of 25 gifts to open between 12/01 and 12/25 (one a day). Some of the gifts are home made.
    My hippie life involves planning a few simple meals. Most of them are warmed mostly out of a traditional need to eat warm foods or hot meals during the season. I live in a warm climate and would be fully content to eat chilled tabouli.
    I call my friends on the phone or send them messages via email or some other favorite communication device. I agree not to get pissed off at their consternation by my using Message instead of Messenger or my use of the phone rather than WhatsApp. In the spirit of reciprocity, I don't get blown out of shape if I tell them I am not going to use a video camera to speak and they whine incessantly of the necessity. Too bad!
    The hippie thing to do is to be thankful for the positive powers that I still enjoy; access to my senses, mobility, friends, good cheer.
    So, what do you do?