Hippie beliefs and politics

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by joawesome, May 19, 2007.

1. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Without the sex and drugs you are missing out on the best part. And being bi-curious is no fun at all if you subtract the sex part.

2. unlearn.and.be.free

unlearn.and.be.free Guest

Oh goodness. Dear, please don't listen to this, lol. Sex and drugs is a personal, individual decision. Not a hippie decision. There is much MUCH more to be said about being a hippie than this one-dimensional, spoiled-child-of-the-sixties stereotype.

3. Freewheelin Franklin

Freewheelin Franklin Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hippies follow the advice of the sage Hillel: "What is hateful to yourself, do not do to another."

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my first sex i was over 18, though not by any choice of my own. neither i nor my parents had a car, and where i grew up, out in the boonies, a car was kind of like a third partner it was almost not possible to have sex without. which is really too bad because cars suck and are a total load of crap.

but where was i? oh yah. hip isn't an idiology, but it is the avoidance of causing suffiering. just like real morality. not the pseudo-morality of beliefs and idiologies.

real hip = the real morality of avoidance of causing suffering.
    that's really the main number one thing.
    that's what the pacificism and socalism, civil rights, environmentalims, all the rest of it, is and was, all about. and still is.

=^^=
    .../\...

5. Majestical`

Majestical` Member

Personally i'm big into social democracy, i have to say i find anarchy pretty interesting though!
    I'm a Labor/Greens supporter here, it's gotta be Centre-Left in my books!

Politics, and your personal beliefs are just that, personal, they don't have to conform to the 'group' you subscribe to!

6. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Whatever...it's the fun part.