Hip lifters

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AquaLight, May 31, 2013.

1. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Yeah excluding those of you who just lift their hips..

Are there are any weight lifters here ?
    What is your routine, how long have you been lifting and how long before you had visible gains?

2. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

does having an Acorn Stair-lift count?

4. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Here we go ..
    [​IMG]

5. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I thought this would be about lifting your hip to fart.

6. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I like to think of myself as a lifter. Yesterday, I lifted my table off the ground after the dog knocked it over due to his insane hatred for the broom.

And just this morning, I lifted 3 bags of sand only to have all 3 of them break and dump all over my driveway!

Later, I intend to lift the laundry baskets to bring upstairs and in the process of folding the laundry, I will probably have to lift and throw my cat a couple dozen times.

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I go to the gym about 3-4 times per week, and have been doing so for the last six months. It doesn't seem that long, but I have gained tons of muscle mass in that short period of time. Of course my diet also has a lot to do with it, because I consume a large amount of protein in the foods I eat. I also regularly do about 500 pushups and as many chin-ups as I can do, when I can do them. On top of that, I curl 30 lb. dumbbells throughout the day, whenever I get bored, often in sets of 15-20 reps. Right now I am focused mostly on my arms, chest and abs. I am not huge, nor do I want to be huge, but I definitely am muscular and getting increasingly leaner with each passing day.

Intermittent fasting has also helped me gain some good mass in just the last month alone, while losing inches off my waist and getting rid of my residual fat stores. I am already down to a 31 inch waist, but I still have more to go to really tone up nicely. In men who were once overweight, as I used to be, the lower abdomen is the last place they lose all the fat from.

8. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

How much protein do you consume daily? and your stats?
    I've been going to the gym on and off for the past 2 years but since last month I decided to take it seriously.
    I am not overweight although my BMR says I am. My body is where I want it to be considering fat except the shitty little fat belly and some chest fat..fucking sucks when I want to get bigger but can't before losing the belly fat..so cutting is the way to go for me I guess.

9. Pressed_Rat

I consume about a gram of protein per lb. of body weight. I am 5'10'' and around 160-165 lbs. I eat a lof of grass-fed beef, chicken/turkey, tuna, sardines, almonds, eggs and seeds (hemp, chia, flax) etc. to achieve adequate levels.

10. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

No whey protein?
    Your stats seem good. I am 5'7" 175. But that was a month ago, didn't get weighed yet.

11. Pressed_Rat

No, I use whey protein powder daily. I simply forgot to mention it.

12. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I used to, but I'll just work on my cardio a little nowadays.

It's a good way to relieve stress and boost confidence though I could always get right into it.

13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Diy0RNe_c"]Do You Even Lift? - YouTube

14. odonII

odonII O

I'm 5'8" 170lbs. I noticed that I was a little knackered after running short distances etc. So decided to get in better shape.

I am also (imo):
    ...not overweight although my BMR says I am.
    My body is where I want it to be
    ....except the shitty little fat belly

I didn't realise I'd have to lose the belly fat before seeing any gains elswhere.

5 years ago I was 155lbs - but have put on the extra weight due to drinking too much and moving too little.

I think I'll be ok when I flip those two around.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope this wasn't too much information.

15. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Does your scale measure in stones, odon?

16. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Yep, junk food is a bitch. I gained 10 kg from last September to December because I had little food options available besides junk food. It was hard for me to eat Chinese food being in China at the time, so had to pay the local mcdonalds frequent visits.
    On the good side, arms, legs and thighs are all in good shape now and gaining noticeable muscle, but the belly fat is just ruining it !
    Apart from lifting, I do HIIT cardio for 15-30 minutes 4 days a week. Not sure if thats enough in my case.

Do you follow a certain routine ?

Thanks for sharing, its really motivating to see others concerned about the same issues too.

17. Pressed_Rat

HIIT works wonders for toning up and losing belly fat, but many times more so in a fasted state. That is why I recommend intermittent fasting for anyone looking to lose the remaining fat stores on their belly. I guarantee you will see results, and FAST!! The 16 hour everyday fast is probably the most popular one, and basically what that entails is eating your last meal by 8:00 in the evening, then not eating anything else until noon or after the following day. So basically you would simply be skipping breakfast, then after around noontime you continue eating like you normally would until 8:00 that night. So you leave a window open of 8 hours for eating, and the other 16 you fast, with water, tea and coffee being the only permissible things to consume beyond that point (some people allow for grass-fed butter and coconut oil as well). I personally do the 24 hour fast every other day. The results I have seen in just a month are staggering. I am losing fat from my belly, while gaining muscle mass (predominately in my arms, chest and abdomen).

18. Pressed_Rat

You don't have much of a belly on you at all, Odon. With the right diet and a little bit of exercise, you could lose that in no time.

19. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Wouldn't that make your body go into starvation mode and cling to the belly fat?

20. Pressed_Rat

That is a common myth, but no. IF is really (in my opinion) the only truly effective way of getting rid of stubborn belly fat. You just need to make sure you're eating the right foods when you're not fasting, and maintaining normal insulin levels. Your body doesn't start to burn fat until you deplete your glycogen levels, which is appoximately 8 hours after you last ate. This is why HIIT (or any kind of cardio) is most beneficial when the body is in a fasted state.

There is a lot of good info available online about intermittent fasting.