Hip Hop is a threat to society

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop and Rap' started by David0301, Jan 14, 2018.

1. David0301

David0301 Members

yo,

I just wanna drop a few lines before I leave :

I was growing up with hiphop,rap and basketball. Lots of basketball. and lots of hiphop . A looot. You can not seperate basketball from hip hop . It was hip hop day and night.

Now, thinking back, I realised that hiphop,rap is the biggest piece of sh** to music!!
    it is a disgrace and a shame to even use this wonderful technology that we have these days in order to produce this kind of "music" .

. yes the beats are great and you can dance to them very well. But each and every song is all about: making (ilegal) money, about hoes, jewelry, violation, aggression, brutalitity, degrading women .
    The message of every song is " I am better than you, you are nothing" or "i got more money, more houses,cars" which is sooo ridiculous!!!
    These iliterate rappers need to wake up and see the real enemy within . = The industry which is only supporting such music because it does not stop the flow of money. Because it has no message at all.

Now, as an educated human being who has lifted to veil of duality i know that...
    This music only causes seperation, crime, rape, racism, iliteracy, misogyny, divorce etc etc

And as long as people keep listening to it they will remain like the "singers" . = Dump and numb.

I am sooo glad im out of the gutter.

---

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

As is the case with most genres of music that have a level of commercial success, they tend to become bloated and a caricature of the formative movement/genre/culture. Rap has always had that flair for boasting but imo, the modern radio (t)rap, doesn't really have much of an edge to it anymore, even when they are rapping about guns and shit. I'm not sure if it has to do with like the auto tuning, how polished the production sounds now or what. Maybe it loosing that edge is just a function of time.

However, I think there is quite a bit of versatility in hip hop lyrics now, it's just that a lot of the other stuff, aside from the themes of separation you mention tend to be underground.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I find this amusing...

David0301 likes this.
  4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Bust a left nut, right nut in her jaw
    Sperm on her cheeks is all ya saw
    She could blow more head than a whale blows water
    Blowjob Betty was dumb
    A fiend for a fuck and a mouth full of cum
    But then I shot that fatal nut
    Must of knocked that bitch on her butt

5. David0301

David0301 Members

i agree

hip hop in my opinion got one of the best beats to dance to .
    Thanks to great producers like scott storch or timberland.
    Think of mystical-shake ya ass, ludacris- southern hospitality, ja rule-put it on me

But the lycrics are garbage.

2pac was becoming politically influential and was about to make a change in the black american community. Thats why they shot him.
    But ever since then, hip hop is going downwards. Meaningless

and dont forget out of rap evolved TRAP , that is the electronic version of Rap. Without the vocals. Great bass. Great Beats. We have it all over here in europe. Great pump for workout!

6. David0301

David0301 Members

lol thats exactly what i mean :tongueout:
    i know too short. he was also on my playlist back then... horrible horrible

i was so much so influenced by the image of women they portray in hip hop.
    I figured you dont get as many girls when you tell them " ey bitch get down". They kinda dont like that:tonguewink:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  7. David0301

David0301 Members

remember bone thugs n harmony?
    i was a child in school when listening to them, and i still like their hit "crossroads" . it never gets bored. listen to the lyrics. beautiful. beautiful message. compare with today lol

8. David0301

David0301 Members

hip hop can be so beautiful

I could listen to this song all day! It was number 1 for many months

guerillabedlam likes this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Nigga all y'all records sound the same
    I'm sick of that fake thug, R & B
    Rap scenario all day on the radio
    Same scenes in the video, monotonous material
    Y'all don't hear me though
    These record labels slang our tapes like dope
    You can be next in line, and signed
    And still be writing rhymes and broke
    You would rather have a Lexus or justice
    A dream or some substance
    A Beamer, a necklace or FREEDOM

- Dead Prez

David0301 and tumbling.dice like this.
  10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

rap is way better than basketball.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, basketball is whack as fuck.

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I gotta admit that I really enjoy both rap and hip hop, no shame. Sure, the lyrics can be over the top, materialistic, and vulgar, but I try not to take everything so seriously. And some rappers are truly gifted poets and artists with lyrics that really blow me away.

13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Fuck you...UK rules!!!

[​IMG]

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'm going to try and defend Too Short here :D Cause I like some of his music and he's from the Bay Area, where I grew up. When Too Short, as well as some of the other obscene rappers of the time came out, there was a hard push for censoring music from like the PRMC and Nancy Regan and so in some ways, that perhaps are not the most obvious or refined now, I think rappers such as Too Short, in a way, stood for freedom of expression in music.

For social commentary from Too Short checkout:

Asmodean and David0301 like this.
  15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Can't stand most hip hop. It's not music it's a hustle and the rappers will tell you that. It's easier then selling crack with less risk. It's a way out of the hood. But if it did not make money they would not do it. That's not what a musician does. Also they can neither sing or play anything.

scratcho, snowtiggernd and David0301 like this.
  16. David0301

David0301 Members

nice rhyms bro, who wrote em?

17. David0301

David0301 Members

heidi klum?
    uhm, yeah, i was addicted to basketball!! not kidding, can do all kinddzzzzz of dunks , even 360,

but one day i realised how stupid nonsense activity it is, all this sweating just to stuff a little - made in china - rubber ball into a basket. While risking broken noses (happened) , twisting ankles (happened), broken fingers (happened) .
    You can make better use of your time by sitting on a toilett bowl than doing that.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  18. David0301

David0301 Members

well, you better take it seriously !!!!!!

it is affecting you subliminally,unconscioulsy trust me ! !!!!!!!!

yo

19. David0301

David0301 Members

bavarian style ;-)

20. David0301

David0301 Members

uhmmm... what exactly do you mean by that? shall i feel adressed ? :smileycat: