Hills' theory of consciousness: an interpretation of nuclear evolution

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by MeAgain, Jul 16, 2021.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

How Does Knowledge of the Electromagnetic Spectrum Help Us to Understand Our Levels of Consciousness?
    Each of our seven levels of awareness is a frequency that doesn't react with the other levels.
    If we become trapped in one level we fail to see the other levels or to understand that others may be operating on a different level than we are.

When communicating with another we must realize that their views are correct from the level they are operating from just as our views are correct from whatever level we are operating from.
    Failing to understand this we also may fail at communicating effectively with other beings.
    Understanding the different levels and applying that understanding, our consciousness will operate across the entire consciousness spectrum, just as the different levels of the electromagnetic octaves operate throughout the universe.

2. MeAgain

The Gap Between Nuclear Evolution and Your Own Consciousness
    Most of our knowledge comes from comparisons. We say this is like that, this is hot and that is cold, this is up and that is down. All of these comparisons are observer orientated. They are relative to the observer.
    I am reminded of Buckminster Fuller's comment that there is no "up". We think of up as something rising toward the sky as we are stuck here on the Earth. Observer comparison. But if we widened our view we see that what is up for someone in the northern hemisphere is down for someone in the southern hemisphere. There is no up, only out.

Now imagine you are a star out in space somewhere and you are near another star. As you shine brightly you say, "I am sending my light out to that other star. But the other star seeing your light thinks, "No, I am receiving light from your star". A gap has been formed due to the observation of each star. A third star farther away understands that both observations are correct.

Now, imagine that you have three buckets of water, one is 80 degrees Celsius, the next 50 degrees Celsius, and the third 0 degrees Celsius. Imagine placing your right hand in the 80 degree bucket and your left hand in the 50 degree bucket. Your right hand would feel hot, the left cold. Now, at the same time imagine a friend placing his, or her, right hand in the 50 degree bucket and his or her left hand in the 0 degree bucket. His or her right hand would feel hot, the left cold. Same buckets of water, same temperatures, yet two people report different experiences.
    Observer comparisons create gaps in our shared consciousness.

3. MeAgain

Are You Awake?
    Most of us think we are awake to the world in our present state of being.
    But to a truly awakened individual we are blind.

If you are caught up in the illusion of the ego, or "I", you use it to gauge all of your experiences. But the ego creates gaps as it is subject to the illusions caused by the seven layers of filters.
    The ego causes separation form the rest of the universe as it thinks it is the observer of the universe. This causes the separation. To know the full extent of the universe we must realize there is no one to know the full extent of the universe. If we think we know, we don't.
    The Eighth Law of Consciousness
    How can you know what you don't know?
    Can you know what you don't know?

4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

You cannot know what you don't know.
    We can only view others' theories.
    As individuals, it is imperative to draw our own conclusions. How else can we learn more?

5. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

I know that I don't know how far Paris Hilton walked today. I know that I don't know that.

6. MeAgain

The Cosmic Movie

7. MeAgain

The Cosmic Camera
    We see the world through our different filters. The ego then interprets what we see and filter based upon what it has known before and what boosts its importance. The ego tries to run the show.
    When the ego gets out of hand and tries to interpret things solely for its own good at the expense of obvious contradictory evidence, it causes internal chaos resulting in mental suffering and possible depression.

The ego will repeat its interpretation of events over and over again in an effort to gratify itself. Led by the ego we can easily fall into delusions and addictions.

Following the ego we set our selves up in situations similar to movies, or shows, such as the marriage, career, power, sex, or money show. We play each as a game with the aim of pleasing the ego, then we project those games onto others.
    But as everything passes through our filters and our ego we can never be fully aware of everything that is involved in these movies, shows, or games. We can't see the entire situation and the more filters we have, and the denser they are, the less we see.
    We need to become aware of the filters and lessen their impact and thus widen our perception. In doing so we will increase our communication with others and become closer to obtaining personal harmony with the Cosmos.

Candy Gal likes this.
  8. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Wise advice. But as humans, we are also subject to peer pressure that somewhat changes most people's views.
    For instance, I was recently involved in a rather unpleasant raid in a post office.
    Of course, everyone froze with bystander bias.
    I was the only person out of 20 people that stepped forward to try and abate the situation.
    Explain that to me. x

9. MeAgain

What's a raid in a post office?

10. MeAgain

Uncle Alf's Circus Big Top
    If we climb up onto the outside of a big top tent, toward the apex, we find that it is a steep climb and we keep slipping backwards, much like spiritual growth.
    If we look inside the tent we see that the most expensive seats are the closest to the center rings. They are closest to the action. The people filling those seats the are most aware of what is going on. Likewise the most aware people amongst us are closest to the action, are most aware of what is going on. Those who are less committed to knowing what is happening sit further back, away from the dangerous animals and goings on in the center rings.
    As we move closer to the center awareness increases, as awareness increases we move closer to the center. As we move closer to the center the roar of the lion goes stronger and is harder to ignore. The closer we get the move we become aware of danger. As we approach the center, closer and closer, we must confront the dangers that become more and more apparent. If we fail to address the dangers of avoidance, ig-norance, the various filters and ego games we fall back into the cheaper seats and our spiritual growth falters.

11. MeAgain

Sitting Ringside
    The Cosmic movie isn't real. What you see, hear, feel, etc. is merely a projection, as a movie on a screen, filtered and formed by your seven filters of awareness. Everything you know about the world is in your consciousness. However, that doesn't mean that there isn't a "real world" "out there" somewhere. As you approach this reality, or the center ring of the circus, you must become aware of the dangers involved. The lion may escape, clowns may throw water on you, a trapeze artist may fall onto of your head. You must become aware of the pitfalls of discovering the false narratives you have been harboring, your ego will rebel at being exposed as a spoiled brat who seeks only to glorify itself, you must realize that even finding a ringside seat, you are still only an observer of the circus of true reality.
    You must realize there is still another step to go.

12. MeAgain

Becoming a Performer
    Step into the ring and tame the lion. Be a clown, clean up after the elephants, become involved in transforming yourself by seeking the center and committing to increasing your awareness.
    Instead of merely observing seek to control negative patterns and habits.
    Change can only come when change is sought.

The rest of the book goes into what was done at The University of the Trees at that time.
    Remember Massey is the guy who wrote the book we just looked at.
    The University of the Trees
    appears to be still active.

I must say I haven't reread this book since I first got it back in 1976 and it sounds very "new age" now. Not as much substance as I remember.
    So if there are no comments I'll stop this thing and start a new thread.
    Thanks for checking this out!