Hilarious, and frighteningly accurate quote about pubic grooming

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by drumminmama, Jul 19, 2013.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

“I remember when it was all furry round here,” I will say sadly in the changing rooms of the gym, surrounded by smooth, pink genitals. “Hairy toots as far as the eye could see. Wild and untamable. An arbor of nature. Playground of my youth. I used to spend hours there. Now . . . now it’s all waxed and empty. All the wildlife has gone. The bulldozers have moved in. They’re going to build a new Safeway there, in the vaginas."
    --Caitlin Moran

I've checked out a book of hers. I'm two chapters in, and I can't stop laughing.
    She's making great feminist points in a very down to earth way.

2. granny_longerhair

granny_longerhair Member

Times change ... fads come and go.

3. I only just recently found out that it is common practice for women these days to wax or shave their privates! To say I was gobsmacked would be an understatement! Who the fuck has the time or the inclination to think about that I thought. No, I lie, I didn't think, I protested very loudly to my partner, my daughters and any poor passer-by who happened to be in earshot. Well it turns out, almost everyone except me. Will I be tempted to take the razor to the pubes? I think not! :seeya:

4. granny_longerhair

granny_longerhair Member

Nor will I. It would be hilarious if I didn't have the vague feeling that it's really all about making women look like 10-year-old girls.

5. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

:rofl:

While I appreciate a well managed forest, I certainly don't advocate 'clear-cutting' :wink: