High Sex Drive, No Cure?

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by thinksexy, Oct 6, 2014.

1. thinksexy

thinksexy Members

I am a Women with PCOS and a symptom of PCOS is increased Testosterone, increased Testosterone equals increased sex drive.
    Only medicinal treatment for PCOS, Birth Control Pills but I can't take birth control pills due to a blood condition. (no hormones)

I will stay up all night because I'm horny and can't sleep sometimes two-three nights at a time and no matter how much I take care of myself its not enough. Half the time I feel like I could definitively become a sex addict.
    Sometimes sex is all I can think about, it drives me crazy I can't focus on my work. Its intense I have made myslef raw in attempts at satisfaction.
    Please someone, what are some ways I can curve my sex drive?

Tony101 likes this.
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hit yourself in the head with a ball peen hammer every time you think about sex.

scratcho, AceK and RooRshack like this.
  3. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

In all seriousness..

You probably won't be able to decrease your sex drive. Why not channel into something positive instead? I've found that's what works for me..

Suggestions...

Write erotica... poems, stories, novels..

Read erotica...

Visit sex sites, blogs, forums... Tumblr is one I like...

Get out and talk to people. Sometimes that helps you distract yourself a little bit.

Find hobbies and activities to take your mind off of it..

Volunteer... maybe even for people who are being sexually abused.

If you don't have a partner... masturbate. It's good for you. Having an orgasm helps deal with pain.

Get toys and use them for yourself.

If you don't mind getting a little kinky there are sites out there that will give you sexual dares to do by yourself. They can be very interesting.

Study about your illness and about sex so you understand why this is happening.

Trying to ignore your urges will just make them worse.

Sexwise, thinksexy and SwitchyWoman like this.
  4. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

You ask what ways you can curve your sex drive. Did you mean to write curve? Do you really want what you're asking? If you are conflicted by wanting different things at the same time, you'll have to acknowledge your personal truth. Don't hide behind testosterone. Acknowledge the truth that is in your heart, whatever it is.

5. SwitchyWoman

SwitchyWoman Members

Annwyn'Bri, interesting and good answer. I used some of those outlets when I was having extreme oversex drive from hormonal changes.

thinksexy, I have no idea if it would help but I've used an over the counter blend of vitamins and herbs (specifically with black cohosh) that helped me to get through menopause since my doctor would not prescribe estrogen due to family health history. Just an idea, but PLEASE check with your doctor first.

6. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

She may also want to change her thoughts. If she thinks sexy, she's feeding the problem she says she wants to alleviate. That is another reason I say, acknowledge your personal truth (and don't hide behind testosterone, hormones or the mechanics of the physical body itself). I see a conflict, somebody wanting two very different things at the same time.

7. Alex1

Alex1 Members

Ok so maybe u need to try multiple guys to help with ur sex drive. If u think of it all night and can't even sleep that that would b a nice and fun way to control it :)

8. thinksexy

thinksexy Members

Aerianne
    Thou I don't find your comment funny I do think a shock collar would be more effective in this instance then a hammer.

Annwyn'Bri
    Thank you for the suggestions I do like writing so I will try writing poems and erotica. If that isn't helpful then I will move on to your next suggestion and so on.

sheele na gig
    I did intend to use the word curve and I used that word in particular because I doubt their is a way to totally kill my sex drive so the only other option is to curve or decrease it.
    I know this is something that might take time like new thinking, behaviors and actions.
    I guess I just don't want to get my hopes up and increase the likely hood of being disappointed.

SwitchyWOmen
    Thanks you for the herbal suggestion, I have also read that spearmint tea can be helpful by doing some reseach since last night.
    I'm a little worried about trying herbs for I fear it would mess with my blood levels/disorder so I guess I just don't know if the risk is worth the reward. I look online and one site will say so and so herb is okay while another will say never to use it.

9. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

This is the perfect exercise then. Keep looking for more words to replace curve (you've already used decrease). When you change your thoughts, it is believed that the rest will follow. Curve is a sexually oriented word so to change that should benefit you.

10. SwitchyWoman

SwitchyWoman Members

Just to make sure I stressed this enough. Please check with your doctor before adding any herbal remedies to the mix.

11. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Hang in there... it might also be a matter of embracing your sexuality and sexual needs instead of stopping them. That might take some thought and reflection on what you really want vs what you might be hearing and being told by others.

I denied mine for years based on what others told me I was suppose to do. I finally got to the point of "fuck that" (in a lot of areas) and started thinking and writing about what I really wanted and needed for me... not living based on the rules someone said I had to live by.

BienGracias, Sexwise and ginalee14 like this.
  12. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Watching recordings of Margret Thatcher and Richard Nixon are reputed to work.

Becoming a sabermathematician (baseball statistical expert) is another technique.

Hang a large portrait of your mother over your bed. (Or a large portrait of his mother).

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yep, it sucks to be a guy. tell your ladyfriends what it's like; maybe they'll gain a little bit of understanding.

no idea how to curve a sex drive. that doesn't really even make sense as far as i can tell.

14. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My guess is that "curve" is a spell checkers idea of how to spell "curb".

15. Michael1985

Michael1985 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This is someone who posted twice in this thread and never again. I'm thinking troll, and don't know why it got bumped.

16. Annie&3?48

Annie&3?48 Members

Hi! Chiropractor here! There are some natural approaches to your condition. If you would like I could give you some pointers! Just DM me

BienGracias likes this.
  17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Acquire an endless supply of dick.

18. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

Buy yourself some good sex toys and at times when its bad enjoy yourself, masturbation for both sex's when it comes to relief is very helpful, I think your find its a great help.

Also see if meditation helps, seems to help with most problems.