High off Hemp?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by ElChivato, Jan 26, 2005.

1. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

My friend Natalie seems to think you can get high off of hemp, like the stuff u use to make necklaces and such. she told me to come on here and ask you guys if u really can.
    so can you get high off hemp?

Peace & Love,
    Alaina

2. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

No. Hemp is the part of the marijuana plant with no THC. If you could get high off hemp do you think it would be legal?!

3. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

smoke a necklace and then come back and tell us how you feel

4. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

lol. i said that if u could get high i didn't think they'd sell it, but she didn't believe me. thanks.

5. Gravy_Train_Gilmour

Gravy_Train_Gilmour Member

actually, hemp is not a specific part of the cannabis plant; it is the method of growing that causes the low levels of THC.

but yeah, you should NOT smoke hemp products. you SHOULD eat hemp ice cream sandwiches.

6. Kopo

Kopo Member

yes hemp ice cream sandwhiches, yum......the beard sells them wunnerful

7. gottssunfire

gottssunfire Member

and now we of the MTNBA have hi-jacked this thread.

Bam.

8. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

I think I will add that to my mental list of things I don't want to experiance in this life.

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Well, fibre from any plant, be it an industrial hemp, or a skunk shiva cannabis proffessionals, when made into string, is notgoing to get you high
    though it would be intersting to try polyester... go for it!

10. thrawn

thrawn Member

No thats not right. Hemp is the male form of the cannabis plant. It contains a miniscule amount of THC (.0001 %). The female form of the plant contains far higher levels of THC (3-22%). When you have seeds, that arent feminized, theres a 50-50 chance they will be male or female. It has nothing to do with growing techniques.

11. element7

element7 Random fool

All those in favor a really nasty headache and not much of anything else raise your hand :)

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i wish the male plant had like a differetnt drug in it, that was as good as weed but different in as many ways as possible

13. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

i thought the spacing of the plants had something to do with it as well...no?

14. samr

samr Member

Hemp is just what marijuana was called by English speakers before the 30's when the campaign against cannabis began. Hemp is the male plant, the female plant, the buds, the stalks, everything that comes from the marijuana (hemp) plant.

15. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

thats true, but the people in this thread are actually referring to industrial hemp (twine) when they say hemp

16. gottssunfire

gottssunfire Member

No, that's not right. THC is Marijuana's attempt at temperature control, and males of a certain breed will produce just as much THC as females of the same breed UNLESS the female is unfertilized. People just don't smoke males because the pollen causes lung infections, and nobody likes smoking leaf and stems.

Mr. Gilmour is mostly correct. The only thing i would say he left out is that industrial hemp strains have had THC production hormones weakened through breeding.

17. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

No shit? I always figured it was some sort of chemical defense from being eaten by bugs. How does it work as temperature control?

18. littlegreenapples

littlegreenapples Member

Or eat hemp bread, or power bars, or muffins and so on and so forth. So tasty! although I'm sorry to say produces the same amount of high your necklace would.

19. PokeSmot

PokeSmot Member

This thread is utterly fucking retarded. Why not just smoke some grass from your lawn instead.

20. gonjbob

gonjbob Member

its not the method of growing. its strains of cannabis that have very little thc but grow stocky .even the bud from a female will not get you high the people who bred them did't care about geting stoned they wanted rope .