Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by locutusofborg277, Jan 27, 2009.

1. locutusofborg277

locutusofborg277 Member

Hello, I'm Ryan, I'm 15.

I guess I got into this forum because I enjoy the therapeutic and spiritual use of entheogens, psychedelics and marijuana.

I have a condition called Asperger's syndrome, I'm not sure if you heard of it and it's basically mild, but high-functioning autism, and I find that using psychedelics is instrumental to my own self-discovery.

2. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

:grouphug::peace:Hi Ryan - welcome to the forum. Wow!! Asperger's syndrome - I never would have guessed that weed or acid could help you cope with your condition. How does it help? Hope you enjoy the forum.

3. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

Hello Ryan Welcome to the forums.
    good to have you here , PEACE.

4. krick3t

krick3t Member

welcome to the forum

5. locutusofborg277

locutusofborg277 Member

Well thanks everybody, but have you heard of Asperger's? I find that it allows me to perceive reality and the people around me in new shades or paradigms. But, I haven't really done acid I've just done mushrooms, weed and morning glory seeds, and I also have ADHD and for several years up until my sophomore year at high school, which is where I am right now, I was put on amphetamines and "mood-stabilizers" because my teachers thought I was "paranoid and irritable", and using marijuana and hallucinogens allows me to enhance emotional sensations and the beauty of the Universe as a whole.

6. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

Yeah - I've heard of it - I know a kid who is about 10 now that has it. Pretty smart kid - acts inappropriately at times. Sings and makes faces and hops around at times. Nice though - he's going to be alright. He'll probably be on the same meds you were on. MG seeds and srooms are probably intense enough. Pace yourself man - Peace and Love - Dudley

7. locutusofborg277

locutusofborg277 Member

Yeah, those meds can be a real pain when you're younger and put on them but yeah I'll pace myself. Thanks dude.

8. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

BTW - There is a thread on here somewhere that tells how to get the hallucinogens out of the mg seed pulp and eliminate the barfing. Sounds reasonable but I don't trip any more so I haven't tried it.

9. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

I am very familiar with asperger's and other autism spectrum disorders. And, yes, Asperger's indvidiuals tend to be of very high intellect and rather likeable. Please do pace yourself.

It's fascinating that you find psychs therapeutic because I have a personal theory that being on hallucinogens is as close as a not autistic person can get to knowing what it is like to be autistic. Asperger's, in my experience, is different, but people with profound PDD-NOS and other autisms act like people on mushrooms: they can be very happy or very sad/frightened/angry disproportionate to the situation, sensory input can easily fascinate or overhwhelm them, they connect to and perceive the world on a completely different level than others, the get in "mental loops" and perseverate on things, etc. Of course, I can't know what is actually going on in people's head, but by observing behaviors, I can guess that the two experiences are similiar.

Just an interesting pet theory I have. It's good to hear your perspective.

10. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

Hey Ryan,

One more thing. Many people find psychs to be important tools of self-discovery. Do you think that its utility to you is more profound because of the Asperger's? How so?

11. locutusofborg277

locutusofborg277 Member

Yeah, I do use psychedelics for self-discovery and spirituality, and I believe that I, as a person with Asperger's, having an alternate behavior that fails to be classified as "normal", that psychedelics do help me discover myself in more meaningful ways.