Hi guys! i need a little advice!!

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by sone4ever, May 25, 2013.

1. sone4ever

sone4ever Guest

hey guys i have been thinking about my appearance and it stresses me out a bit. as of now, i probably fit most as a femme. however, i keep having thoughts about wanting to cut my hair short and wear tomboy clothes. something like soft butch? well idk but whenever i imagine myself in short hair and tomboy clothes i like it a lot . however, the thought that goes along with it is always about the consequences of changing my appearance. i know if i were to change my appearance, it won't be until college (bc of family. im 16) i think about how it might affect my jobs, friends, and life basically. because of course, being a femme has an easier life for people won't even guess about my sexuality unless i decide to tell. what do you guys think? should i do it? im hesitating because that means my whole closet will be thrown away ($$$$) different living style and all. *sigh* please speak up your opinions

here is how i look rn : the attachment photo

and this is the hairstyle and fashion i want to put on if i were to change..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

yeah basically feminine boy styles not really super manly

fun question: were you guys able to guess my sexuality looking at my current self (1st pic)? ^^

thank you

p.s. i know im young but i am not confused.

2. Kahlan

Kahlan Member

I stopped trying to guess peoples orientation along time ago. I don't think there is a "look" anymore tbh. I'm pretty "femme" looking myself, but that isn't me trying to have a look based on my orientation, it's just me doing what I want and like. You should do the same and not concern yourself with the reasons why or what ppl will think. Girls cut their hair short everyday who are straight, we wear jeans most of the time anyway.

However, I do get that your in HS and it's a different world. So one thought would be to "phase it in." maybe instead of going for the full on look, just get your hair cut the way you want it and keep the existing wardrobe and start to buy the new stuff over time and ppl will not see it as you trying to make some big statement or anything. Plus it will save you money.

3. Kahlan

Kahlan Member

PS: You're very pretty, so no matter what you do that won't change. :)

4. BeachBall

BeachBall Nosey old moo

Hmmmm ... I think it's always important to try to live the life you want to live and be the person you want to be. If you don't like your current image, if you don't think it's "you", then yes, try to change it.

Try not to worry about labels and whether you conform to them or not. If you want to have short hair and wear tomboy clothes, then go for it. But don't throw away your existing wardrobe ... you never know, at some point in the future you may want to revert to your current image.