Hey there from new guy to Forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by dikareb_toolman, Apr 30, 2007.

1. I joined the Forum last week and spent a few days browsing around - I think I like it here. I hail from the Chicago area and in the burbs I'm from, there's not many people like us. I was glad to find some neighborhoods mentioned here where I might go check out and see if I can make some friends. Its not like I can't find friends or anything like that, its just that I have 2 kids that I love spending time with and while they were growing up I spent as much time as I could with them after work and on weekends. Now that they're in Jr. high and high school, there getting more independant and I'm enjoying watching them spread thier wings and start thier own lives. Of course I will never turn down any oprotunities to be with them if they're looking to hang out with 'ol dad. Anyway, this is supposed to be an introduction so... I'm in my early 40's and am an easy going, forgiving, peacefull and fun loving guy who enjoys just about any activity thats done out doors. I love to enjoy gatherings as well. Festivals filled with like minded people are always fun to me. The only one's I am planning to go to this year (so far) are the Johnny Appleseed festival in Indiana, and the Native American Harvest Festival in Naperville, Il. (25 min. west of Chicago). Both are in the late summer/fall time. I would be interested if anyne from the area knew of any more activities they could let me know about and I could add some more fun to my list of things to do this summer. Looking forward to being part of your Forum, I wish all a happy summer.

Pete[​IMG]

2. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

Aww well this place is awesome. Welcome to the site =) Enjoy.

3. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Hey there, and welcome to the forums! I'm Lauren :)

4. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

welcome :)

5. Hey Lauren, Glad to meet another Beatles fan. Back in the 60's and 70's when I was a kid, my dad had a Beatles tribute band. This was before there were any tribute bands. I was kinda raised on the Beatles so I would have been a fan like it or not. Good thing the Beatles were one of trhe best bands ever. Thanks for the welcome.

Pete

6. dylanzeppelin & cerridwen,

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to meeting some really great people here.
    BTW cerridwen - I glanced at your gallery, nice work!!!

Pete

7. pixie123

pixie123 Member

Hey,

You look pretty easy-going tbh.

Stick around mate,

Pixie123

8. Pixie 123,

Thanks - I do have a pretty easy-going personality. I really like this site, I think I will stick around for a while. Still trying to fumble my way around though. Big site - lots to see.

Pete

9. Dudley Do Right

Dudley Do Right In Your Head

Welcome to The Hip Forums….Enjoy your stay and have fun posting….DDR

[​IMG]

Quote Of The Day
    "Never, never, ever take candy from a stranger, unless they give the candy up front."

10. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

Heyyy, welcome to the boards. I'm Brie. I hope you enjoy yourself here. =)

11. beautifulhippie2

beautifulhippie2 TyeDyeChicka!

Welcome MAN! Enjoy! Dude, I love the feet!!

12. welcome, brother. :D

13. iloveu

iloveu Member

welcome and enyoy you'r stay[​IMG]

14. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Hey there fellow Toolguy. This is a pretty far out place. We get our share of Bullshit spammers, but you also meet some very cool folks from all over the world here.
    The worlds FIRST ONLINE Commune, IF Skip will let me call it that.
    I'm in Las Vegas, Nevada. I'll see ya on the boards!

15. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I've other items posted in the Fashion & Crafts forum, as do many other very talented crafters with ebay and etsy stores ;)

16. Wow, all the great welcomes coming my way is great. Beautifullhippy2, thanks for noticing the bare feet. I dont like shoes much. About a year ago I found out that all the state health departments do not have any regulations about shoes required so I took my shoes off and have stayed barefoot since. Great freedom in being barefoot. Keeps me grounded and humble to our mother earth. Does that sound corny ? - I don't care really, All I know is I feel great.

Pete