hey, need some help here

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by freedomearth, Nov 11, 2010.

1. freedomearth

freedomearth Member

i was wondering if anyone knew any great recipes that help keep your skin healthy and clean! like a natural something i can use in the shower, because i don't want to be bathed in some weird chemical shit...

2. dazeddaisy

dazeddaisy Member

i agree with you on this one, sick of chemicals!
    sorry that i'm no help on this!, hope you get your answer :)

3. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

4. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

5. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

6. pharfromit

pharfromit Member

Personal care chemistry is mostly entirely benign. There is always a debate as to what "natural" is. There are some things that you might want to stay away from like the preservatives. Some people might have a problem with a particular dye or fragrance. You could try making your own from scratch but you will either need to buy chemicals or make homemade soap. Homemade soap is not that difficult to make but it is hard to get it exactly how you want it. Experimenting with different fat sources is an interesting hobby.

7. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

i really enjoy using a paste of spectrum's coconut oil (it looks like shortening) and brown sugar or table salt. brown sugar for the delicate bits, salt for the tougher, stinky bits. my skin has never looked so good and BO isn't really a problem anymore, since both sugar and salt seem to work really well at killing the bacteria that makes your sweat smelly. if the coconut oil is too much, use olive oil.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

i make a scrub thats part sesame seed body oil (i bought mine a long time ago and can't remember where I got it, but i'm sure you can find some kind of natural body oil at any health food store) and part brown sugar. it makes my skin so soft and smooth.

9. OhSoDreadful

also look into a deodorant called "the crystal"

it doesn't have any fake scents or aluminum that causes breast cancer like every other kind of deo

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

i've been using Tom's Lavender deodorant, but I find it wears off after a few hours. I tried layering baby powder on top today and that did the trick, but i dont really like the smell of baby powder. does "the crystal" deodorant work longer than a couple of hours? I don't want to go back to using deodorants with aluminum and other chemicals in them, but i need something a little stronger than what most natural deodorants offer.

11. OhSoDreadful

Well, there are a couple of factors here that you can try and base your decision on.

The crystal has no scents, so you still smell like yourself except without the scent being "unpleasant". It's made from salts and what it does is kill the bacteria that causes bad bo instead of covering it up.

I wash my whole body with only water and apply the crystal while I'm still wet after I get out of the shower and it lasts me 3-4 days with one application before I start to stink. It may work the same amount of time for you if you use oil-stripping soaps, but I've found I develop BO a lot slower than people that use commercial soap so you never know.

I can tell you though that it wont irritate your pits or give you a rash. Oh, and one stick of it will last quite a few years before you have to buy another one. I've been using the same one for half a year or so and it's appearance hasn't changed at all

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

this sounds awesome. its funny, one of my friends recommended this to me shortly after i read your post. i'm definitely going to try it!

13. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

Pickle juice muthfuckkaz