Hey from the Emerald Isle ☘️

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Aster, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Aster

Aster Members

Hey!
    It's Aster. I joined here because it's nice to have a community of people who are like-minded...
    I might have had an account here before...years ago, something rings a bell but I cannot remember. Or maybe I considered it but never joined. Either way, here I am! It's nice to meet y'all!!
    I come from more mainland Europe ;) but I live on the Emerald Isle. I'm a big music nerd and write my own songs. I've been considering starting a lifestyle blog lately, but I'm still thinking about it!
    So, hello! :)

And I'll say this to avoid confusion later on- there are two of us here, but in one body.(multiple personalities...but I don't like that term:(.) so I might accidentally sometimes refer to myself as 'we'. But I go by Aster and that's cool with me. :cool:

scratcho, MidtownMind, PGA and 2 others like this.
  2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Good morning Aster matey and welcome from this ancient, decrepit crinkly.

Since you like music perhaps you might enjoy this:

Aster likes this.
  3. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

Welcome Aster, interesting name.

Aster likes this.
  4. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Hi Aster - ('oh radiating array of Michaelmas daisy') - What an interesting intro.
    Music can certainly be a myriad of Communication, historical reference and remembrance - one trusts you have retained a touch of Celtic conviction in your own song-writing(?) - Have you anythIng to share of your own composition (or performance) ? - This is a WW site, and one never knows how far ones delivery of melodic messaging may travel.
    A lifestyle Blog would also be something that many would find of interest and/or/or Educational value - Go for it !
    -Welcome to HIP

Aster likes this.
  5. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Hip

6. Aster

Aster Members

Thank you everybody! Yes, Vladimir I do love that song :D the Wolfe Tones are great.

Wolf Angel yes I do have some of my own compositions, and there is some Celtic influence alright here and there, but I haven't recorded much, I will have to do at some point, and share it here :) that could be a part of the lifestyle blog. Or vlog. Or who knows. We will see!

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  7. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Welcome Aster, from North Carolina.

8. WOLF ANGEL

Look forward to your first Blog (you may need to post a few comments in the forum first(?))
    Perhaps, once you've done a few 'Blog' entries, ('witch' could include a poem (lyrical meandering) or the like before one goes all out Vlog (your choice/decision of course)) :)

Aster likes this.
  9. Aster

Aster Members

Chances are by the time I decide to write that blog I'll have been on here for a long time lol... It will take a while to set it up, with me deciding to do something different every few minutes :p

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  10. WOLF ANGEL

There's nothing wrong with preparation, preparation,preparation ... but if you're like me - Lots of ideas on pieces of paper, books and pieces of card , that never get formalised = LOL

Aster likes this.
  11. Aster

Aster Members

I am exactly like that!! All talk and idea and no do haha

Iscott55 likes this.
  12. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Welcome to HIP

Aster likes this.
  13. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Welcome

Aster likes this.
  14. MidtownMind

MidtownMind Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hello and welcome to you both! ;)

I also was here a pretty long time back; I was gone from this site for about 13 years and just recently rejoined.

Fellow music lover and musician here, and I’ve written exactly one original song, haha.

But in any case…enjoy your time here!

Aster likes this.
  15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Welcome from Oregon.:)

Aster likes this.
  16. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

Well now! Tomorrow, the 17th, must be like the Super Bowl for you guys, huh?

I'm in Connecticut, USA. Stuck between Boston and New York City. Only been to 18 US states and Washington DC. Never left the US. :(

Aster likes this.
  17. Aster

Aster Members

Thank you! ;D

Welcome back to the forums in that case! Would love to hear your original piece, or some of the music you enjoy :)

It certainly used to be when I was younger and in school - now after COVID there are less parades which is kind of sad but I hope we regain that Paddy's Day spirit.

Well, you're more than welcome to visit Ireland. Specifically for one week in June or July if you want good weather for travelling :')

KL71 and MidtownMind like this.
  18. MidtownMind

MidtownMind Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There is a university marching band from here, the University of Dayton (which is about 15 minutes from where I live), that is in Dublin right now, specifically to play in the parade there tomorrow.

And as far as music is concerned, I mainly play American folk/singer-songwriter type of things. (I specified American folk because Irish and/or English are a vastly different animal, to my ears. But I would definitely like to do those, also).

Aster likes this.
  19. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Welcome back or whatever.
    I am planning Dublin to visit soon.

Aster and nudistguyny like this.
  20. KL71

KL71 Yanks since '81/Fins since '83 :)

Let me see if I could even get to Canada first. My three siblings have all been there. :oops:

Aster likes this.