He's...he's....dead..

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by wild.flower, Jan 19, 2005.

1. wild.flower

wild.flower Member

My baby. My Prometheus. He's...dead. I don't understand. I've been giving him food and water and everything. But I picked him up to say hello and...and...he...fell out of his shell. DON'T LAUGH!! IT'S NOT FUNNY! I TOLD MY MOM AND SHE LAUGHED!! It was the most horrible thing ever. I can't even sleep now because when I close my eyes all I can see is my baby...falling out of his shell. He's dead. Gone. Forever. He's never coming back. He's DEAD.

:( :( :(

2. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Awww I'm so sorry for your loss *huge hugs*

You're right it's not funny at all.

3. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Had to look in an old thread to see what kind of animal he was, a hermit crab, that's soooooo cool! I didn't even know people kept them as pets. So sorry he died :( :( :( And that's really insensitive of you mom to laugh about it... sometimes people seem to think animals only count if they're warmblooded and furry.

4. Fernanda

Fernanda Member

I'm soooo sorry for ur lost hun!

I hope U feel better soon!

Fer;)

5. Kiz

Kiz Member

I don't think that's funny at all. :hug:

6. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

i'm very sorry. :(

Try to think about the good times. :)

7. Kiva

Kiva Member

:( I STILL remember the day when I found MY hermit crab dead. Seriously. I was like, 8. I found him IN MY BED. dead. Like, he crawled out of his tank at night and tried to get in bed with me or something. It was TOTALLY TRAMATIC. So, I know how you feel!!!! Plus, I lost my doggie a few months ago....so, I seriously feel your pain, sweetie!!! :(

8. wild.flower

wild.flower Member

Prometheus' funeral was today.

We buried him under his favorite tree. I made him a tombstone out of a big rock that says: "In memory of brave Prometheus, fire-bringer, hermit crab, and always...friend." I said a few words to send him into the next incarnation of hermit crab life. Then I read the poem my daddy wrote for him and the letter my brother sent. We sang Prometheus' favorite spiritual, "I've Got Peace Like A River." And I put pink carnations on his grave.

R.I.P. Prometheus

9. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Awww sweetie I'm sorry :( **sending big hugs your way** Losing a pet is never easy. I'm sorry your mom laughed - maybe she's just sad and doesn't know how to express it? Anyway it sounds like he was a great friend, and you loved him a lot..that's what really counts. His funeral sounded beautiful, I hope you find some peace.

10. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

your this upset over a hermit crab?

11. wild.flower

wild.flower Member

Yes, I'm this upset over a hermit crab! Are you implying there's something wrong with that? Prometheus was my first pet. We were really close. Yes, you can be close to a hermit crab. I talked to him, and he listened. I'd sit there for hours and just watch him crawl around his tank. He was my friend. He was special. And he will be missed greatly.

12. JustinC

JustinC Member

Hey, I feel your pain :( When I was younger, I had several hermit crabs and I loved them all. Whenever they died, I too was upset. Ignore those people who say that " it's just a crab",they don't understand. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope that everything else goes well for you.

13. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

he prolly never even knew he was alive

14. wild.flower

wild.flower Member

This is Prometheus' grave.

[​IMG]

May it be a peaceful resting place.

15. wild.flower

wild.flower Member

You know what, I'm just going to ignore you.

16. Mui

Mui Senior Member

it wasnt any hermit crab man, it was prometheus.
    he could bring fire!