he's going to die

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by headymoechick, Jan 5, 2005.

1. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

this isn't really my confession but I didn't know where else to put it besides the opiates forum.

my friend is badly addicted to herion. I think we'll bury him for it. One of these days he won't come out of the bathroom. His wife doesn't know, but I don't know if it's any of my business to tell her. I don't even know of she would care. She's an awful mean cold hearted selfish bitch and I now realize that's why he is with her and not any of the other girls he could have that would make him happy. But maybe she would. I don't know. I don't want to fuck up the whole friendship by telling her. But I don't want to see him die.

Then again maybe he's not doing too much because I don't know that much about herion and doses.

2. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Heroin is probably the toughest drug to get unaddicted from out there. I haven't tried it, but supposedly it's like being wrapped in the biggest, warmest, most comfortable blanket ever made ... one that is barely imaginable. At least that's what I've been told. It also takes more to get high on heroin each time you shoot up ... which means each time you need more and more to get the same effect; it eventually turns into a money-hog. Kind of sucks ... =(

You should really try to get your friend off of heroin ... maybe get him into another drug, at least for now, and wean him off. Ask him to try other psychoactives ... maybe he'll like Kratom or Salvia divinorum, or DMT; those are relatively harmless, much cheaper, and Salvia and DMT have been known to be two of the "most powerful" psychoactives known to man, though there are as many skeptics of those labels as there are supporters. Perhaps get him into exploring his consciousness rather than just feeling good ... if he's got a decent brain, he might actually be interested.

Good luck with that ...

3. headymoechick

yeah, he's got unlimited amounts of funds and lots of drugs to choose from. THis is his choice. He loves opiates. He generally doesn't like to trip or explore his mind because it reveals how unhappy he really is. When he's dopey, life is just fuzzy. my boyfriend and I are the only people in his life that don't do opiates excessively. He is surrounded. He has the means to do anything he could possibly think of. how anyone would choose that is completely beyond me.

What saddens me the most is that he already went through 3 days of withdrawl and just a few more would have kicked the physical side effects. Then he just needs love and support to get through the psychological addiction. But the minute we were back in town, he practically got into an accident trying to get to his friend's house to grab a bundle or two. Why? I don't understand. How can something be worth it when it ruins everything else in your life? He used to hate herion addicts because all they did was steal from him to get their fix. Now he's friends with all the people that robbed him. I just don't understand.

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

everyone dies

5. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

try to get him to ween himself off of it or somthing like go to oxys and then like hydrocodones and then to like maybe the actual opium plant

6. headymoechick

I know everyone dies but that doesn't mean that I want to find my friend lying on the bathroom floor dead with a needle stuck inside of him

Was it really neccesary to say that?

Anyway, there's nothing I can do. I can talk to him and tell him I love him and care about him, but everyone in this town shoots dope. And the reason he got this far was from an oxy addiction in the first place. He would have to take tons to ween himself off. and he's not strong enough to do it. He's a grown man, I can't lock him in a room and make him understand that he could have anything he wants and he'll lose it all if he continues. He's seen people die from herion. He's seen all of his friends steal from him to get money for dope. He knows what it does to people. And he does it anyway. This is what he wants and I can't stop him. He's a big boy. He knows what he's doing. I almost wonder if he's TRYING to kill himself.

7. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

We know a LOT of people around here who have been hooked on oxycontin. They melt it down and shoot it up, that's some nasty shit. And it seems like every one of them have a near death story to tell.

Sprout's mom was hooked on morphine, and it almost killed her. She was actually dead when the paramedics got there, and they gave her some kind of adrenaline shot in her neck that brought her back. She got 3 days worth of rehab after that, and they let her go. she went right back to it (though she claims she's clean now....it's hard to know, because she moved out of state after that incident.)

It's sad. Even shit like dying won't make these people quit usually. I'm sorry to hear about your friends situation, and I hope he can clear things up soon before things get too bad.

Good luck to you.

8. headymoechick

thanks I need it.

Just another dumbass friend I have to deal with. too bad that this is one of them I actually liked!

9. Duck

If he doesn't care why should you? Let him live how he wants to.

10. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

not to heroin abusers, they would rather have the needle any day over love. They think all the love from the needle is 10x better than anything a human can give them. read naked lunch

11. headymoechick

Duck, you shouldn't guve advice on things you're too immature to understand. I feel sorry for anyone who is your friend. I would hope that if the situation were reversed, someone would care enough about me to at least tell me that if I don't stop, I'm going to die.

So if your friend was speeding down a road, headed towards a cliff, you would say whatever, why should I care, I should let them do whatever he wants?

I'm going to make an assumption here and guess that you've never buried a close friend. I on the other hand buried my very best friend not too long ago and I'm not ready to do it again.

12. Duck

Just because I have different ideology doesn't make me immature. I'm sure your friend realizes the risk. Are you saying your friend is stupid?

Only if it was his choice
    Hell, I buried my Dad cause of diabetes due to drinking.

I don't want to argue or anything. Obviously you feel strongly about your friend, I just want to say good luck. It takes lots of guts to confront people with addictions and I don't want to discourage you. Do what you want, I should not interfere (that would kinds be hypocrytical of me)
    P.S. You shouldn't just isult people for have different thoughts on a subject (I do it to, but it is kinda wrong)

13. headymoechick

I'm sorry if you felt I was insulting you, but you were being quite insensitive and well, immature about it. I know you're young and that doesn't make you stupid, just ignorant to certian things and I think this is one of them. I mean that in an honest way, not a mean way. I certainly didn't know anything about having a friend shoot herion at that age. Up until now I had friends who did herion but not like this. I know that I can't stop him, I pointed that out, I just don't want anything to happen to him, and sit thinking I could have told Courtney, I could have told his mom, I just let him die. I've got enough emotional problems without feeling like I killed my friend. and yes, he IS stupid. He's got all the money a person could ask for and he chooses to hang around with losers, married a total bitch, and is throwing his life away. So yeah, I really think he is a dumbass. He's got a great personality and could date any girl he wanted and could have any cool friend in the world. It's very sad.

Thanks for wishing me luck though.

14. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Get him in treatment. How could his wife possibly not know? She prolly does love him, maybe you should tell her. I lost two friends to heroin, methadone actually, they weren't even adults yet. Marissa was only 14 when some asshole got her hooked and started screwing her, he was like 25. She was a really good musician. If I could go back and slap em and somehow get them into treatment I would. Tis too late.

15. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I went through a major phase with it, and most of my friends at the time stopped hanging around me/didn't know what to do about it. The best thing you can do is not abandon this person, keep visitng him regularly etc.

When you get into this world, its easy to find yourself surrounded by nothing but junkies...no contact with the "other" world..just being his friend and not being one could be the lifeline he needs.

Its true that no one will quit until they want to...for me it didn't take rehab. just a few scary experiences.. haven't done any since early 1999.

Some people mentioned substituting other drugs. but I don't hink that would work. When you are doing heroin it kind of makes most other drugs seem trivial..heroin feels very deep inside you, kind of spells out how you will be, how you will act.

16. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

there was some talk of MDMA as a therapy for opiate addiction in the late 80s.
    chat with the wife. figure out what she knows. then be ready to make the decision to alert authorities (which will get him in rehab and in a ton of legal hassle) or take whatever happens.
    If the wife is clueless, tell her what's up. She lives with him, I'd guess and should know what is in her home.

17. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

quote: then be ready to make the decision to alert authorities (which will get him in rehab and in a ton of legal hassle) or take whatever happens.

thats terrible advice..NEVER get police involved.

18. HappyJoy

HappyJoy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i agree, dont tell the cops. i had a herion problem not too long ago, thats the last thing someone needs. he needs to know how much you care about him. you have to make him realize that there is so much better for his life. it will NOT be easy. i stopped because my friends and family started realizing what i was doing and they supported me getting better and helped me realize that i deserved better than that life, instead of hating me and never talking to me again. a herion addict goes to herion for comfort. and it is (they believe) the best comfort they could ever feel. you have to figure out a way to get him clean and to stay clean. they have i new drug called suboxil (sp?). it weans you off dope, but you cant get addicted to it like morphine. they are MIRACLE pills. you cant get high while you're on them, either. it's relatively new, so you might have trouble finding places that have the programs, and even if you do, they usually have at least a 30 day waiting list. i got some from a friend, i didnt go through the program, but i'll tell you what, it saved my life. withdrawal is the worst thing i've ever experienced, and i didnt even shoot it, i snorted it. even if a herion addict wants to quit, they cant because they're so terrified of withdraw. talk to him about it. see if he even wants to quit. if there's a glimmer of hope, dont give up on him. let him know he's worth so much more than that shit.

19. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Talking to his wife may be a good start if you can't talk him into taking treatment.

20. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Headymoe, stop making out like your above everyone, more mature, more intelligent, more asshat (on the forums generally). you cant tell duck hes immature or ignorant, you are the one coming here for advice, saying you have no idea of waht to do or even of how serious the situation is. his oppinion was insensitive, but not uninitelligent, or ignorant, or immature. youre only 19!!!

drug abuse doesnt correlate to intelligence. at all. its about self control, and for almost all of us, this means going with your feelings and with the thigns that make you feel good.

a person will be addicted to a drug because a) it makes them feel good, from teh feeling of trhe drug, and the distancing from something that is personally-specific, and b) if they dont take it, they will feel like absolute shit, pain, and even though it wouldnt be a B if there wasnt the A, its still the case in addicts.

if you want to help him, tlak to him. you cant expect US to know his reasons for getting so heavily into drugs. how the fuck would we know? you need to talk to him. you might learn something.

just dont go labelling people stupid, if you are the one who doesnt know anything about it

a heroin addict will practically never get out of his habit unles someone interviens, or they run out of money and get arrested or killed in trying to get more dope.

you need to tell his wife. hell, she probably knows, but if she doesnt, then you might tarnish your friendship but you might save his life! or do you consider your status as more important?