Heroin diaries by nikki sixx

Discussion in 'Drug Books' started by Klute, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Klute

Klute Member

Litterally couldnt put this down, how the man is still alive is beyond me, how he has his sanity intact is nothing short of a miracle, highly reccommend for an entertaining, humurous read.
    Differing opinions on it though so please share.
    Any other rock n roll memoirs that i should lay my hands on?

Peace&/orLove

Seebass96 likes this.
  2. Sunshine1603

Sunshine1603 Member

I loved that book too! I really enjoyed Slash's book as well. Definitely check that out if you can.

3. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Did Nikki Sixx write "Evangeline" as covered by Mathew Sweet? I love that song.

4. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Is this a book that actually talks about his life or just a book where he just talks about all the drugs he did?

5. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Well, it's pretty easy to survive being a corporate actor, if you think about it.

Peter Griffin has had an amazing life too.

6. baleoda

baleoda Member

gonna have to pick that one up.

7. itsTori

itsTori Guest

I just finished reading it not that long ago and it was amazing. It was funny (lighting hotel doors on fire funny) and sad. Its amazing that after the three od's in that one year he didn't die completely.

8. highwaychile

highwaychile Guest

Bit of both, but more about the drug side of things. "A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star" is more or less just that: A diary about a year of his life, including excerpts from people who were involved talking about it.

Here's a few:

Becoming Jimi Hendrix
    Clapton
    Does The Noise in my Head Bother You?
    I Am Ozzy
    Iron Man
    Life
    Slash
    The Long Hard Road Out of Hell

9. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

That is a good one, definitely the Slash book too, I read that in one day b/c it was so exciting. The Marilyn Manson book is also a good one, kind of creepy but it is hard to put down

10. highwaychile

highwaychile Guest

I've read "It's So Easy (And Other Lies)" at some point too - Duff McKagan's autobiography. And, although not strictly rock-orientated, Buddy Guy's "When I Left Home" is a great read.

11. Wolfman's Brother

Wolfman's Brother Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjCuM5RaaUI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjCuM5RaaUI

12. Lisales

Lisales Member

I read it before I was even a fan of MC. It was fucked up in an interesting way. I later did become a fan of MC and read their official bio (The Dirt). That book is insane. Probably one of the best books I've read. Mick's random thoughts on stuff cracked me up. He's so random.