Heritage of Immigrants

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by WOLF ANGEL, Nov 2, 2019.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

That's fair enough, some can, and choose to define themselves to be their current locale, it was more for those who do

CloudyMushroom likes this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Does anyone realize that the US had NO HUMANS until migrations began? My people are like everyone else here--everyone settled from somewhere else and I love it. There are people here from every country extant and that is what has made this the country of dreams, regardless of the current attempts to change that. We are nowhere near perfect---that's for sure--but in the main, most of us are still working on it.

MeAgain and CloudyMushroom like this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

at some point during my education we discussed the Yupik of Alaska who originally migrated to North America via the Bering Strait, or something like it. I don't know if there were already people when the Yupik got to Alaska though. So the order in so far as who was first, second, third, and so on is totally out of my purview.

Yupik | people

@scratcho, that's a very good point! :) But I wonder where everyone came from literally... Is there a link, or maybe several origins? I have no idea! :)

4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I am a descendant of the first refugees to London - The Huguenots.
    I even have a French name.

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I believe the historians say that about 200,000 years ago, humans started leaving Africa. So far, it seems that all our ancestors began there.

Candy Gal likes this.
  6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

7. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Absolutely.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Exactly.

Society has been belittle to feel ashamed of any cultural significance somebody has, especially if their skin is white. We are constantly made to believe that every single person in the world regardless of physical attributes is the "same" and people actually believe this propaganda to the point that they are no longer culturally aware as to not hurt anybodies feelings.

There is no in unity within ourselves anymore, just distant minds trying not to step on anybodies toes.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    WOLF ANGEL and CloudyMushroom like this.
  9. WOLF ANGEL

As with other countries
    Indeed, but the question was more about how one feels about their individual heritage and how that identify with that past
    Do people consider themselves either as a descendant of the fore-bearers or within the current state/country that they reside within.
    I'm taking that you are the latter(?)

10. soulcompromise

Attitudes in Western societies have become too intolerant to the point they think that they're exempt from ridicule.

Candy Gal likes this.
  11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Ummmm.... I'm not from your planet.

12. soulcompromise

13. WOLF ANGEL

As Women are from Venus, as a Male I guess you are providing the answer to the question if there is/was 'Life on .....'

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

At one point in time, there was...

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  15. WOLF ANGEL

And as for you Soul
    ….. Planet LV-426???

soulcompromise likes this.
  16. soulcompromise

How did you know? :D

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
  17. Visexual

Visexual Member

Historians, pretty much know that Native Americans came across the Bering Straight sometime between 25,000 and 10,000 BC and migrated south. My ancestors were part of that. I would guess that they spoke in languages of Asia.

But the Native Americans in parts of South America have been thought to have come by boats across the South Pacific. I've been to the Amazon in both Peru and Brazil and seen a lot of difference between those natives and the natives who migrated from the Northwest. They probably spoke in languages from Polynesia.

So both groups had very different languages.

And, about the Norsemen? Eric the Red left a lasting impression on the Native Americans in the Northeast part of North America around the first century. In fact, his visit was shared and passed down to the Islands where Columbus first landed. The Natives had shared how the white men with beards weren't bad folks at all. That just made it easier for Columbus and his group to do inhuman things to the Natives. I'm talking, sending a few along on expeditions so they can be used as walking dog food.

WOLF ANGEL likes this.
Tags: