Hence the name CHILD SUPPORT

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by missfontella, Jul 1, 2006.

1. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

Do you think fathers should have pay child support when the kid is at the father's house for the summer?

The point is to support the child, how are you gonna ask for money to take care of the kid when you don't have the kid? some stuff is just stupid, I swear

2. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

I never thought of that before. Stupid as hell.

3. lynsey

lynsey Banned

yes, because you still have to pay rent on the larger apartment/house to house your child regardless of whose house they are temporarily staying at. Plus, child support is really not set up to be fair to the primary custody parent. It's prorated for your income at the time, where if the father actually had the child he would have to find a way to make more money. The state let's the non-custodial parent get away with way too much.
    This country is really in a very poor state in terms of family values, it's quite disgusting. What happened to the times when people lived up to their responsibilities and did the right thing-not the easiest and most convienent thing?
    I really don't plan on having sex until I know for sure i am going to marry the person because I do not want to go through what my mom went through and I do not want to be angry or resentful towards my child or men in general.

4. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

As are many things related to Child Custody/Support...
    at least in Texas/Oklahoma.

ie: no checks/ balances to insure the $$$ are
    properly spent on the child(ren)
    rather than the custodial parent's lifestyle

Best bite my tongue...

5. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Im not sure about all states but I can state for fact that Washington State has some pretty bogus laws regarding child support.

A young lady I knew from high school had 4 different partners in her life, 3 got her knocked up and 3 married her. The first a bf knocked her up and well they split and he got nailed for child support as she was on state assistance. He had to pay $280 a month based on his income ect. The second married her and they had another kid, divorced and he had to pay child support for the 1st kid (no he did not adopt) and the second kid to the tune of $325 a month based on his earnings. The third guy married her knocks her up and they divorce later and he had to pay for the first kid (did not adopt) the second kid (did not adopt) and the third kid to the tune of $570 a month based on his income. The last guy who married her and did not get her knocked up but still when they divorced got stuck paying for all three kids and sadly he was making pretty good money and had to pay $920 a month. He tried to reason that the kids were not his and infact the first kid was born when he himself was only 11 years old so could he not nail his ex with rape, lol but the judge felt for him but said the law was written that a marriage makes the guy legally liable for the childrens welfare and since he is not the real father he like the others who they are not biological conncections with have no rights to visit ect.

So this gal who was on welfare and only gets less than $1000 a month is making the state a nice $2095 a month. What we all wonder is what the state does with the left over amount from the difference between the grant money and the money thses guys are paying?

6. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

Theres enough man hating going on in these boards presex or children. I might regret this later but i agree, keep them legs shut!

7. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I think child support should never have been an issue of an order being required, I think any man who has a child should have the comman sense to support his child but that is not always the case.

8. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

9. lynsey

lynsey Banned

yes, I am sure that the single mothers in this county are rolling in it from child support and are living it up while their children starve and wear hand me down clothes from the local catholic charity house...
    bet that happens a lot more than a father properly supporting his kids and exercising his allotted visitation.
    let's just face it there are A LOT of shitty fathers out there-far more than shitty mothers and it's time that the country institutes some checks and balances make sure the kids are taken care of and custody and child support is a fair process not a vengeful process that scars the very thing that was once produced in love.

10. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I completley agree but unfortunatley a lot of men blame the mother and do not send child support or pretend that she keeps them from the kids because he is lazy or does not want to pay. It's pathetic and sad. BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A MAN AND BEING A MALE.

11. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Kind of like the old saying, "Just about any man can father a child but takes a real man to be a father"

12. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

From what I have personally witnessed/ experienced in TX/ MN/ OK

green is basically True

red is basically incorrect

black has my 100% agreement

13. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Why doesn't someone just start the 'Man/ Male Bashing Thread'?

*goodlawdamercy*

14. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I do have an issue with child support costing a parent $500 plus a month for one parent meaning it cost $1000 a month to raise a kid. I love to hear the court try to factor that the custody parent has to pay rent for the kid ect, I thought a child was a love not a bottom line, lol.

15. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Children are Profit Centers for many and
    many laws allow/ promote it.

Think I'm fulluvit?
    Ask my ex... she milked two different systems
    w/two different sets of children.

Case Numbers can be supplied on request...

16. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

It has come to my attention I have presented some
    "fucked up views" in this thread.

Anyone care to take the Time to enlighten me?

It would be helpful if it were done in an objective manner -
    clear/ concise/ logical w/support.

Thank yall for your continued support,
    A

17. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

How do you come to that conclusion? What ever views you have are based on life experience you have and others thiers.

18. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Agreed but I have been wrong before.

This is just a Reality check.

19. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

Well its fine that you know you may have made mistakes, I once believed I made mistakes but found out I was mistaken and that Im still perfect, perfectly full of shit, lol

20. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i have to go with lynsey on this one whole heartedly. my father walked out on us (after never really having supported us anyway). my mother had been working three jobs to support us while dad was partying. my mother was never a partier, and watching her age 20 years in 10 trying to keep a roof over us and clothes on two boys and one girl was terrible. meanwhile dad had girlfriends coated in jewelry. fucker. he drove nice cars, could always be seen at the bar with new girlfriends, staying at their houses, never paying rent. it's bullshit. he made us, too. he had promises and obligations. i may be getting along with him now, but he fucked up.