Hemp is swwwwwwweeeeeet!

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by urbangal, Jan 8, 2005.

1. urbangal

urbangal Member

Even though I made it from a nutty pre packaged kit, I created my first piece of hempness. Totally easy I think the only thing that was really stopping me was the cat (liked to play with the cord). Other than that, I'm pleased I made something that I normally paid for.
    What have you folks made from Hemp? I would love to make some serious bags and cords for my new wheels. I'm sure they are tons of sites with descriptions to make such things, no?
    I especially like the big long necklaces with colorful fimo, wood & pony beads.

Yay for me :)

urbangal
    ps no web camera to show you my sloppy little work :& sorry!

2. Green_Apple

Green_Apple Member

Yay i remember my first hemp necklace i made. it sucked so bad but i was very proud of it!

3. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

From hemp, I have made: necklaces, earrings, belts, plant hangers, teddy bears, my wedding dress, baby clothes. You can make anything from hemp. I love it.

Kathi

4. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

well congrats..maybe now u can start making up ur own designs and getting really creative w/ it..

i'm working on some hanging plant holders!!

5. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

Green apple u look like (dido

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

congrats :) hemp is fun and easy to work with...

7. urbangal

urbangal Member

Good idea, Rar. I was hoping to do that as a way to kill time at work. For the more complicated designs however, I'm going tro pick up a book (used, naturally).

urby

8. rainbowkid

rainbowkid Member

I made a braclet out of Hemp about a week ago, and I added a Jerry Garcia plectrum to it I like it. I wearing it right now.

9. mellow_hendrix

mellow_hendrix Member

show pictures of these things ppl :)

urbangal seein as u have no cam i spose your excused :p

(never used hemp myself i cant get hold of any in my town:()

10. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Hehe i keep telling you i'll send you some :p
    I've made bracelets, necklaces and dreamcatchers.

11. mellow_hendrix

mellow_hendrix Member

i am amazed an arts and crafts shop opened up the road from my house so ill see if they sell hemp if not ill set my fairy's loose on fleassy hehe

12. smilin4peace

smilin4peace Member

making hemp is just macrame.(sp) its KNOT hard... it just takes time.. i've been hempin for a few years and i can make some good money if i am in the right spot.. Just go to the book store and buy a book on how to make hemp.. I got this one book from the library and it showed me all the knots. I pretty much make up all my own stuff because i am not good out of a book.. if i had a camera i would love to show you guys some of my art.. as well as clothes, but i don't so once i do, i'll let cha guys see.. but if your know your HALF KNOT and SQUARE KNOT you can pretty much do anything, just experiment, and get some beads from craft store, or make your own, working with clay is fun too.. making degisns and such.

13. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I've made necklaces, rings, braclets, anklets, belts, dog leashes, dog collars, soleless shoes, keychains, earrings and alot more thats I just cant think of at the moment, lol.

14. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

Green Apple is hot... cough cough

Anyone add dichroic glass pendant with their hemp? Probably the best combo in my eyes.

15. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

Green Apple is hot... cough cough

Anyone add dichroic glass pendants with their hemp? Probably the best combo in my eyes.

16. urbangal

urbangal Member

Agreed smilin! I saw lots of beads at the craft store and got all sorts of ideas to make the jewelry stores charge so much for.

17. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

my ex boyfriend made me some hemp things, but i never have had the chance. where do you get said kit from? i've been wanting to make my own hemp things for so long now. and where do you get grateful dead beads from?