hemp headband / necklace

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Rar1013, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

I made this head band today...it can also be worn as a necklace..i just left the ends really long and added a bunch of glass beads for fun! I also made the necklace yesterday..it has a simple toggle clasp and it is on a thin wire...

[​IMG]

2. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Very Perdy!!!!!! How well does it stay in yourhair? Does it slide alot?

3. very cool i made a few belts that way last summer. did you use12 strings? thats how many i use.

4. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

..it is just tied in an overhand knot underneath my hair...and u would do the same to wear it as a necklace..

it doesn't slide around at all !!!

If i were to make a belt i would use that many..but this one is only eight strands and it's simply just alternating square knots...

thanks for the props guys..! !

5. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Rar, you make some of the nicest things! I'm just starting to learn how to knot hemp and all that stuff.....I wish I could apprentice under you!;):p

6. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Well mama..i'd luv to help u out if u have any quetions.. !

7. Cre

Cre Senior Member

neat!

8. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

YOUR SITE IS WONDERFUL MAMA!! i visited it to day and was sooooo very impressed..

9. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Very awesome! I am promptly stealing your idea! BTW, how long were the strands before knotting?

10. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

i would say a yard and a half probably..since i left so much at each end for beads..i had to add another 2 feet ! although the yard and a half is just a guess...i just eye it really...