Help!

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Moon_Beam, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

Hey,

I want to stop eating meat - but it's so hard! Everything seems to be meat!!

Whats the best way to go about cutting it out!! I know that sounds like a stupid question!!!

Peace and Love

2. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

There ARE a lot of options but yeah at restaurants it can be hard, especially depending on where you live. Gosh the past week every place I've been to I could hardly find anything.
    There are tons on vegetarian recipes online, there's a sticky thread in here with some links I believe. Also try going to whole foods if you have one near you and you'll find lots of yummy meatless things and yummy fruits and veggies. Good luck!

3. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

Thanks! I'll be creative!!!

4. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

im not a vegetarian (i LOVE meat), but i decided to challenge myself and give it up for lent. at first it was really hard, and i did feel a litttle weak, but once you start finding creative ways to get protein (like by mixing legumes, tofu, or peanut butter) into your diet, i wasn't so protein-deficient and felt better (i also take vitamins). just make sure you get enough iron, so you stay energetic and upbeat.
    i did miss the taste of meat though... a lot.

5. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

Cool! I gave up chocolate for lent!