Help with Valentine's Day Gift

Discussion in 'Holiday Crafts' started by whitterbug2012, Feb 11, 2013.

1. whitterbug2012

whitterbug2012 Member

Trying to figure out what to do for my boyfriend for Valentines Day. I already made him a present, but I know he's got more than one thing planned for me.:) I don't really know what to do since I literally have no money to spend on this. I thought about a list of why I love him, a poem, or making him a little box for all his mary jane related items and decorating it.
    I was just wondering which of these ya'll think he'd like best or if you had other suggestions? He's twenty-three and don't say sex or head because he'll already get that. Lol.

2. blisskiss

blisskiss Member

I like the list of the reasons why you love him, you could always put that in a hand made card. I also like the decorated mj box. Practical and cute. Plus every time he opens it, he'll think of you.

3. whitterbug2012

whitterbug2012 Member

Thank you. I gots work ta do tonight to make it cute. :) I just couldn't decide. Lol.

4. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

5. whitterbug2012

whitterbug2012 Member

Yeah, I saw that and I liked it too. Just don't have a deck of cards or anything to make it with. I think I'm just gonna write a list or something...
    Thank you.

I did see an idea I liked with jenga blocks in case anyone else is looking for suggestions too. Basically just writing questions on the blocks ya'll don't know about each other yet. Easy, cheap, and a cute idea if ya'll are planning to spend the majority of the night at home.

6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

imho, it's good to ask a person what they want as a gift. it takes the element of surprise out, but you're more likely to give them something that they want.

7. whitterbug2012

whitterbug2012 Member

That does you no good when they say "You don't have to get me anything, baby." or "I don't know." because he knows damn well I have no money.

8. newbie-one

well, then you can make suggestions about what you are thinking of giving them, with some options

9. whitterbug2012

whitterbug2012 Member

I don't know if ya'll have seen the melted crayon art stuffs, but I mad him one of those. Green, yella, and red.:p
    I also made him a box thingy. He has a lot of german in him and such so they outside is decorated with some german themed stickers and a painted flag. He really likes the Beatles too, so the inside has Beatles stuff all over.
    I made him a card too.

I know he bought something for me, but he's kinda broke right now too and he made me something as well. I think he'll like what I made. :)

10. newbie-one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk"]The Beatles - All You Need is Love (HQ) - YouTube

11. whitterbug2012

whitterbug2012 Member

I'm really proud of these. He said it was the first good Valentine's he has had, the best, and even teared up a tiny bit when he read my card. He showed 'em off to his family and stuff, too. It felt awesome to make someone something and know they just love it. :)

12. blisskiss

blisskiss Member

The box looks awesome! I'm glad that you surprised him with something hand made. Those things come from the heart and really show love in a way store bought presents may not. I would be so happy with a card like that. Good for you!

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for the crayon wax to dry and harden up?

13. whitterbug2012

whitterbug2012 Member

Thank you. Me too. I had to do handmade did because I didn't have money and all I had was what it at my house already, but I think I'm gonna do it more often now. :)

Ummmm, not very long at all. Few minutes maybe? I don't know for sure because I didn't actually touch it to check, I just hung it up and left it be once I was satisfied with how it looked. But it didn't look like it took long at all.