Help with the hermie harvest!

Discussion in 'Processing Marijuana' started by da_toddmista, May 26, 2007.

1. da_toddmista

da_toddmista Member

hi, iv got a hermie thats been flowering for along time. most of her pistel things have turned orange, but her buds are tiny and i think some are seeds with a sheath thing covering them.when do i harvest, cos i think shes dying...im not very experienced incase you couldnt tell lol!

2. T.H. Cammo

T.H. Cammo Member

3. da_toddmista

da_toddmista Member

thanks, im going to do it today, i just wasnt sure coz she/he/it (im not sure) pollinated herself and her buds are tiny! but thanks :)

4. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

if here buds are tiny put a trashcan over her for 24/7 for a while maybe 3 days and they should get bigger. sunlight promotes growth darkness grows the buds

5. cheeky1

cheeky1 Member

I dont know where you learned that but there is no fact to that to keep it simple no light no growth and know added size at all the plant does nothing in the dark

6. posedat

posedat Member

sure it does... it is a well known fact that plants accumulate energy in the day time and spend it on growing at night... why do you think people advise an 18/6 light cycle and not a 24/24 one?

7. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If that were the case, you would keep the lights on all the time.

8. cheeky1

cheeky1 Member

During the light period plants photosythesize and they also continue all the phases of the metabolism including resporation and growth. Observations of comparable gardens on 18 hr light cycles and continuous lighting show that marijuana plants do not need a dark period. The plants grow 1/3 faster on continuous light as compared with 18/6. When the light is off the plants metabolic processes, resporation and growth continue but at a much slower rate compared to when the light is on.
    Sorry I should have been clearer in my statement above putting a trash can over a plant for a straight 72 hrs will not increase bud size the plant needs to metabolize sugars which is done during photosythesis. All the trash can will do is
    suffocate and stress the plant.
    To be clear the light period I refer to is vegetative.