Help with my first Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing' started by Scoobz_AWD, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Scoobz_AWD

Scoobz_AWD Member

Hey everybody, Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm starting my first grow, and I was wondering If I could get some help.

I'm Growing in a converted cabinet. I have plenty of ventilation, Environmental monitoring, and Flourescent and HPS lighting. I have two problems now.

First problem: Picking a strain. I want to do a 2 strain setup in seperate chambers. I want to get a pure Sativa and an average-potency Indica. Right now my choices are Kali Misty and Ice from Seedbank. Which leads me into problem two...

I've heard that Kali Misty likes to have a lot of vertical room to grow. unfortunately, That's limited in my grow box. I have about three feet of gorwable space.

I need to know if there are pruning methods I can use to keep the Kali short, or perhaps a shorter Sativa strain that really doesn't have much of a couch-lock effect - that's why I'm also getting an Indica.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

2. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

I do not know what sized cabinet you got but I would have to say it better be huge for a pure sativa.Stick with the indica in a cabinet or atleast a indica dominate sativa cross.Anything over 4-5 feet is a waste of time indoors under artificial light of any kind as light will degrade to nothing at thes distances.

3. Scoobz_AWD

Scoobz_AWD Member

Well, Crap.

Good to know that before I ordered seeds tho. I checked my cabinet today, I have 172.5 cm of usable growing space. Looks like I'll just have to find a good cross with something.

Thanks!