HELP! so angry at myself

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by rygoody, Feb 19, 2009.

1. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

you gotta be honest with yourself

maybe at some level you really don't want anything that college is currently offering you

the brain says you can, but does the body want to?

despite popular western opinion, it is not the brain that leads the way through life, it's the body, the whole body. The brain follows what the body needs.

If your body is feeling like shit doing something (tenseness, anxieties, headaches, skin problems, other health problems) perhaps it's time you have your brain stop telling your body what to do and instead have your brain listen to your body.

what does your body need to feel comfort, contentness, satisfaction, relaxation and at home?

2. Hippie McRaver

Hippie McRaver Senior Member

you sound very highschool-ish emo for a college kid.

3. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

hugs for you

whenever people told me i couldnt achieve, it made me try harder, made me more determined to get there.. granted this didnt always work, but yknow, i can say i tried and that i didnt give up first time round

i am also a victim of severe bullying.. im a firm believer that this is what my depression has stemmed from, because i was always the outcast, always the victim. im not sure what to say here - i just avoided those i hated (which is most people tbh) and i withdrew into my own world. i rarely spend time with my family, and i hardly ever see my friends - but thats the way i like it. its my safe place, being alone

is it not possible for you to take a year out or something and then come back to the course when youve got your life back on track, you feel more positive about things? just an idea. it might give you time to think if this is what you really want

4. kpbluey

kpbluey Member

Hi : )

It sounds like youve got alot of stress on you. I think you need a break, maybe going to see a college counselor and making a plan to ease back on study for awhile to find yourself again?

What are we without health? Mental health is very important, if you keep with alot of stress and bottled up anger it can lead to depression and even PTSD.

I think you ned some guidence into asking yourself what YOU want, not what others want of you!
    Your goal in life is to be happy and to be the leader of your own destiny, to seek out what your passions are and what makes you happy, what is inside of you that you that makes you light up and tick, youre role in life - what ever that maybe, its not to do with anyone but yourself.

http://christinekane.com/blog/how-to-make-a-vision-board/;)