Help on finding good School? I'm trying to transfer :3

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Kiwi_Toast, May 14, 2007.

1. Kiwi_Toast

Kiwi_Toast Member

Hey~

I have been studying Japanese all my life... and I have wanted to be a transfer student at a school in Japan. Is there any I would be able to attend? My age is 19, I'm half-japanese, and I have been home-schooled half of the end of my high school years... due to my working at the dojo (for aikido/iaido). Does that effect any chances?
    And, is there any schools you recommend?

Thanks!
    -Haruta Keri

2. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

A lot of the Japanese unis have programmes for international students. Definately Tokyo and Kanda. Also, if you're half Japanese, does this mean you hold dual-nationality? It will be worth checking out the Japanese Immigration / Embassy.
    I guess you just need to do some research. I will warn you, if you want to get into Tokyo U, it's a very competitive uni and therefore has an extremely harrowing application process, but definately worth a try!
    Check some of the unis in Chiba Prefecture because a lot of them will still have ties to Tokyo.

3. Kiwi_Toast

Kiwi_Toast Member

Thank you so much!

Maybe I might have to check to see if I do have rights and such.
    I really should look into that.

Hmm... Tokyo U sounds a bit hard..
    But trying is half the battle.
    Is the other Universities a little easier to get in to?

4. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I wouldn't say easy, but not as competitive as Tokyo. I mean, even the Japanese students find it extremely difficult to pass the entry tests etc. However, you don't know until you try and there are many good universities in Japan.