Help! My feet are turning into paws!

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Booga, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Booga

Booga Member

I've been barefooting much more than usual recently. By my most modest estimate, I did ten miles yesterday. (I'm no martyr; Arizona Januaries are kind to feet.) While washing off afterward, I noticed that my soles had thick, dark-colored pads, almost like the pads on animals' feet.

I get it -- they're useful. Better to have hard, healthy paws than tender, ground-up feet. But still, they gross me out. Maybe, in time, I'll learn to like them.

Just thought I'd share that.

2. seohsreven

seohsreven Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You will, trust me. If you've looked around the forums, you will see that there are two schools of thought when it comes to barefooting: the washed and unwashed school. I like the animal analogy; have you ever noticed how much time a cat or dog spends grooming their paws?

For me, the pads are much more enjoyable when clean; they're every bit as tough, but you'll have a better sense of touch when they're not all "caked up" and there's far less "gross out" factor.

As bkcmar says, "to each their own, as long as they're bare"; glad to see that you're expanding towards 24/7.

3. Hippie McRaver

Hippie McRaver Senior Member

what ever happened to shoes?

4. seohsreven

seohsreven Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

We all abandoned foot coffins years ago as soon as the evil conspiracies of the imperialist, capitalist, war-mongering, corporate, satanic pigdogs to enslave our minds by confining our soles and souls became apparent. We built a massive bonfire of foot coffins and danced barefoot and naked around it for seven days and seven nights until the stars fell from the sky and all the children began to sing.

Where the heck have you been, anyway? :cheers2:

5. Booga

Booga Member

Rough and clean definitely works best for me. It's the pefect combination: functional, but not unsightly. Of course, I'm still selective about where I'll go barefooting. I mostly stick to well-swept concrete paths and well-seeded lawns. That cuts down on the gross-out factor all by itself.

6. dabla

dabla Member

soft feet gross me out actually. but i like my feet clean when im inside though. my feet are crazy. and im really good with my toes lols i can pick up a pebble and throw and usually hit where im aiming

7. bfjohn

bfjohn Member

I'm sort of half-way on this, i let my feet get a bit dirty, then wash them. I don't like to see dirt on top, though, or dirt under the nails.